Walkout Averted at NGA
- Legislative Update. // Education Week;06/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p13
Presents a summary of fiscal 2000 school budget in Arkansas, Illinois and West Virginia. Highlights of education-related action in legislatures.
- Good news for libraries in Calif., Ga., & Ohio. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;10/15/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p18
Reports on increases in the 1987 library budgets of the states of California, Georgia and Ohio.
- What increased aid to localities? ANDREWS, JOHN B. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p16
No abstract available.
- Arkansas Budget Officials Make a Plea for Emergency Funds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31523, p40
Reports on the plea of Arkansas budget officials to the Governor of Dallas, Texas for an emergency appropriation to help state departments meet budget needs during the year 2003. Plans for the presentation of the proposal along with other supplemental appropriation; Estimation of the amount that...
- Michigan Gears Up for $195M Payment to Bankrupt Detroit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
A Michigan authority created to oversee the disbursement of nearly $200 million of state aid to bankrupt Detroit held its first meeting in Lansing last week.
- Wisconsin systems cut. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;6/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p36
Reports on a ten percent reduction in the 1986 funding for library systems in Wisconsin in the Governor's budget review bill. Areas of the library budget affected by the reduction; Minimization of the impact of the reduction due to a previous increase in system funding.
- State Funding for Higher Ed Is in Crisis Mode. McCABE, Brooks // State Journal (WV);10/16/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p28
No abstract available.
- States See Boost in Library Funding. G. F. // American Libraries;Aug2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p16
Reports the increase in the state aid to libraries in the U.S. Budget signed by Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell intended to finance libraries on July 7, 2005; Reinstatement of Ohio's budget on June 21.
- Schools get 'worst case scenario' in state budget. Knight, Chris; Collier, Jessica // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/5/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 184, p1
The article reports on the four-months-late New York State budget adopted on August 3, 2010 that includes a 5% or 1.4 billion dollars cut in school aid in 2010-2011. It notes that the budget cut was the same amount Governor David Paterson proposed in January 2010 in his executive budget. Saranac...