Lawyers and SEC Not Far Apart on VRDN Disclosure
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;11/17/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 222, p2
This article reports on the plan of HealthSouth to commence a public offering of senior notes pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 2009. The net proceeds will be used by the company to pay the consideration required in...
- Captive Auto Lenders' Demand Notes Scrutinized. Quinn, Matthew // American Banker;6/27/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 122, p19
Reports that a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) fine against Ford Motor Credit Co. highlights the reliance of captive finance companies on demand notes as a source of short-term funding. How the SEC fined Ford Credit for inadequate disclosures related to the "Ford Money Market...
- Financial Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p37
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless industry as of March 22, 2004. Amount secured by Bitfone Corp. in venture funding; Purpose of an application to be filed by Dobson Communications Corp. with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Ratings...
- Notices: SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION. // Federal Register;12/23/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 246, p77509
The article offers information on several notices issued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as of December 23, 2013. It says that the Commission is seeking for comments on proposed rule changes filed by exchange company NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC and Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc....
- Praxair seeks investment money. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/1/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 22, p2
The article reports that Praxair Inc. has issued $500 million of one-year floating rate notes that are maturing in 2010. The notes are offered through Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and RBS Securities Inc. and are under Praxair's universal shelf registration statement filed with the U.S....
- MTN market rebounds after a six-month slump. Bender, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/21/97, Vol. 63 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the recovery of medium-term floater notes (MTN) in the United States for the second quarter of 1997. Rise in global program filings for MTNs; Maintenance of volume attributed to the rising filings; Deals of American companies in the Euromarket to diversify their source of funds;...
- European FRNs Draw Mixed Response. S.H. // High Yield Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the lack of investor appetite for floating-rate notes in Europe.
- Salomon to lead two inaugural student-loan deals in coming months. // Asset Securitization Report;10/8/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p8
Focuses on the inaugural of student-loan deals led by Salomon Smith Barney in the United States. Rating of the floating rate notes to be sold; Exploration on the possibility of securitization; Indexation of the entire deal to a three-month Libor.
- Competitive note offerings. // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p10
Presents data on competitive municipal note offerings in the United States from July 28 through August 27, 1997. Issuer; State; Description; Amount; Time of sale; Financial adviser; Legal opinion; Maturing; Rating.