FGUA Wants Another Shot at Florida Water
- Florida Water Authority Continues Push to Buy Utilities. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p4
No abstract available.
- Florida Authority Delays Bid to Acquire 158 Utilities Around State. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p3
Reports the postponement of th Florida Governmental Utility Authority (FGUA) on the bid to acquire of the water and sewer facility in Florida. Comment of FGUA bond counsel Bob Nabors on the extension of the bond offers; Implication of the capacity deficiencies on the initial purchase price of...
- Florida Counties Weigh Legal Fight Against Water Agency. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31492, p3
Reports the efforts of county officials to create a legislation against the Florida Water Services Authority in Florida. Court ruling of the payment of property taxes on utilities by the Florida Governmental Utilities Authority (FGUA); Opposition to the sale of water and waste water plants by...
- Florida Water Agency Deals Scrutinized. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p1
Reports the governmental investigation on the activities of the Governmental Utility Authority in Florida. Issuance of bonds to purchase the state investor-owned water utilities; Queries on the negotiation of the purchase price; Financial adviser of the agency. INSET: FGUA Bond Sales.
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Florida Governmental Utilities 2010 Revs Raised to A-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/4/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33775, p1
The article offers information that the company Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised the rating on Florida Governmental Utilities Authority's (FGUA) series 2010 utility revenue refunding bonds from BBB-plus to A-minus. According to Scott Sagen, credit analyst at the company, the upgrade is...
- Defense Department Monetizes and Outsources Water and Wastewater Facilities With "Hybrid" Government. Spratt, Steve // Journal: American Water Works Association;Aug2011, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p32
The article reports on the transfer of ownership and management of water and wastewater facilities of MacDill Air Force Base in Florida from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to Florida Governmental Utility Authority (FGUA). It says that the transfer was part of National Defense Authorization...
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- Florida Water Saga Nears End With Series of Local Bond Sales. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the end of water saga in the series of local bond sales in Florida. Inclusion of Florida assets; Acquisition of the community on Florida Water Services Inc.; Price of the utility systems revenue in Palm Coast. INSET: The Deals Are in the Details.