Menaker Hire Seen As Reassuring Sign
- Menaker Named Editor-in-Chief at Random House. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p17
Reports the appointment of Daniel Menaker as the editor-in-chief of the Random House side of the Random House Ballantine Publishing Group in March 2003. Background on his career at HarperCollins; Information on his editorial staff; Views on his selection.
- HASTY REWRITE AT BOOK GIANT. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;2/28/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 40, p1
Announces the appointment of Daniel Menaker as editor-in-chief of Random House, the flagship imprint of publisher Random House Inc. Speculations regarding the fate of Random after editor-in-chief Ann Godoff was fired; Combination of Little Random with Ballantine Books; Effort of Godoff, who was...
- Conversation Piece. Albanese, Andrew Richard // Publishers Weekly;1/11/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 2, p19
An interview with editor Daniel Menaker is presented. He recommends cultivating one's curiousity. He discusses his book "A Good Talk: The Story and Skill of Conversation." He explains the link between good conversation and good literature. He comments on his decision to move to Random House in 1995.
- Menaker leaves `New Yorker' for Random House. // Publishers Weekly;8/15/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 32, p14
Reports on the departure of Daniel Menaker as senior fiction editor at `The New Yorker' magazine to be a senior editor with special responsibility for fiction at Random House Inc. Authors edited at `The New Yorker' magazine; Comments by Menaker about his career move.
- THE WEEK. // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p5
Presents news briefs related to the media and entertainment business as of March 3, 2003. Contract renewal of executive John Calley at Sony Pictures Entertainment; Recognition received by the film 'The Pianist,' directed by Roman Polanski; Appointment of Daniel Menaker at Random House Inc.
- It's Economics, Stupid. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 25, p5
The author comments on the changes in management of several publishing companies. He reports that Daniel Menaker is leaving Random House after four years, his duties to be assumed by Jennifer Hershey and Kate Medina and augmented by new editor-at-large and RH author Kurt Andersen. He comments...
- GOTHAM LIT FIGURE TURNS PAGE ONLINE. Hayes, Dade // Daily Variety;1/31/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the new online interview series "Titlepage," which will be hosted by Daniel Menaker, who decamped from Random House as editor-in-chief in the spring of 2007 in the U.S. The online series will be featuring roundtable interviews with a group of writers, taking its...
- What Top Fiction Editors are looking for: Tips on what turns them onâ€”and off. Johnson, Sarah Anne // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jun2006, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p21
This article presents a panel of editors: Jonathan Galassi, Julie Grau, Joy Johannessen and Daniel Menaker. They state the qualities of a novel that could possibly get their interest. A novel by Andre Aciman and stories from a writer named Cristina HenrÃquez are among the literary works that...
- The Back Page. OTT, BILL // Booklist;Aug2016, Vol. 112 Issue 22, p88
An excerpt from fiction writer Daniel Menaker's comments on ingenious misspellings in the publication "The African Svelte" is presented.