Los Angeles Water & Power Sets $207 Million Refunding
- LADWP Plans Power Debt Refinancing, Water Bond Issues. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;02/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31072, p3
Reports that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will launch a refinancing of its outstanding debt by refunding about 2.1 billion dollars in bonds secured by its electric power system. Plan to sell about 314 million dollars in fixed-rate water system revenue debt.
- Los Angeles set for pipe repairs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/22/97, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p19
Announces that proposed layoffs of workers in the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will not deter it from accelerating a $450 million program to replace 144 miles of aging large-diameter steel water lines. Comment from officials; What the targeted pipelines account for; Estimated cost...
- Los Angeles DWP to borrow $1 billion in order to pay down its power debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p3
Focuses on the plans of the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power in California to borrow funds to finance its debt used for upgrading its distribution system. Pricing given to fixed-rate revenue bonds attached with the borrowed funds; Nominal maturity of the fund in 10 years.
- L.A. Water, Power Agency budget will allow paydown. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p4
Reports that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (DWP) commissioners in Los Angeles, California approved a multi-billion dollar budget as of June 1999, clearing the way for its debt pay-down and capital investment plans. Effect of additional cash provisions in the budget on the...
- Lactation programs yield multiple benefits. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;1/31/94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports on Los Angeles Department of Water and Power's development of an onsite lactation program to reduce employee absenteeism and cut health care costs. Costs of the use of the breast pumps; Other benefits of the program.
- IR imaging is key to maintenance program. Beaty, Wayne // Electric Light & Power;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the use of a comprehensive program of predictive/preventive maintenance at the Los Angeles Water and Power Department in California to meet operational demands. Identification of problem spots with infrared imaging before they become serious; Regular checks and inspection of...
- Los Angeles utility weighs agency choices. Buyikian, Teresa; Dawson, Angela // Adweek Western Edition;04/14/97, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p3
States that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power plans to review its advertising account. Financial aspects of the account; Speculates on the competition among utility companies which will arise from the deregulation of the industry; Comments from Tom McCloskey, the department's...
- LADWP Awards Substation Automation Contract to SchlumbergerSema. // Transmission & Distribution World;Nov2002, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p12
Reports the business contract signed between Los Angeles Department of Water and Power and SchlumbergerSema. Aim of the company to furnish integration services and equipment in electrical substations; Worth of the contract; Terms of agreement.
- Muni Yields Rise One Basis Point; $950M of L.A. DWP Bonds Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p2
Reports on the rise in municipal bonds yields of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in California. Prices estimated by underwriters; Rise in consumer credit; Underwriters pricing for New Jersey Turnpike Authority.