Hurting for Revenues, Arkansas Governor Mandates Fourth Round of Cuts
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p39
The article provides information on the developments related to bonds and finance in Southwestern states. Arkansas Senator Jim Luker last week filed several bills that he says would reduce the number of convicts sentenced to incarceration in state prisons in order to lower down the operating...
- Arkansas Governor Pulls Support For $13B Highway Bond Program. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/31/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32101, p1
This article reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee told reporters that he has decided to pull his support for a proposed $1.3 billion highway construction program that was expected to be largely financed with bonds in the hope of presenting the plan again during a special session later...
- The haircut that keeps on cutting. Blake, Aaron; Youngman, Sam; Marre, Klaus // Hill;5/17/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 59, p12
The article focuses on the debate concerning the expensive haircuts of U.S. Sen. John Edwards. Gov. Mike Huckabee noted that the Congress is spending money like Edwards. The senator laughed upon responding to his dig saying that he did not see the debate. The governor pointed out on a conference...
- Arkansas Lawmakers: Rosy Budget Forecast Could Jeopardize Finances. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p32
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's revenue predictions for the state. Reactions to revenue estimates; Financial forecast of the administration.
- Arkansas Governor Says No to Dipping Into Tobacco Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31295, p3
Reports on the demand for restoration of the state's share of the national tobacco settlement by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for opposition by the governor against the move; Effect of budget cuts in the state on medical aid programs; Amount of the state's debt to local jails.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: In South Carolina church, anti-same-sex marriage Huckabee eschews politics, preaches about getting to heaven. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/17/2008, Issue 1047, p23
The article reports on the sermon of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee who also seeks support from the Christian conservatives in South Carolina.
- Providers denounce Ark. budget-cut plan. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;12/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p18
Reports indicate that Arkansas' Governor Mike Huckabee's decision to reform the state's Medicaid program received a wide range of opposition. Amount Huckabee proposed to cut from the state's program; Indepth look at how state's program is funded; Comments from key individuals.
- QUOTELINES. Wockner, Rex; Kelley, Bill // Windy City Times;1/16/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p9
The article presents quotations from presidential candidate Mike Huckabee confirming they are people who are homosexual who worked for him in the governor's office, syndicated gay-press columnist Chris Crain criticizing Mitt Romney for his cynical ploy to win over social conservatives, and "Wall...
- Quotes. // Reason;Mar2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p7
The article presents quotes from notable people including Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee on ways to reduce energy consumption and waste, anti-obesity crusader John Banzhaf on a Florida school's plan to reward good grades with free Happy Meals, and Baroness Gardener of Parkes,...