U.S. Bancorp's Plans for Piper Are Mostly Getting Thumbs Up
- Liabilities Doom Piper Jaffray Sale. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the decision of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based commercial bank, U.S. Bancorp to sell its investment banking division, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Reasons for the sale of the banking division; Details on the lawsuit filed against the banking division; Views of the market analysts on...
- U.S. Bancorp Combines Asset Managers. // American Banker;5/18/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 96, p6
Reports on the merger of U.S. Bancorp's asset management businesses under U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset Management Inc. Background data on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset; Rebranding of other businesses run by U.S. Bancorp.
- Date Change in Spinoff of Piper Jaffray. // American Banker;9/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 181, p18
U.S. Bancorp announced on Thursday that the spinoff of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. to U.S. Bancorp shareholders will not happen until December because of what a spokesman said were regulatory issues. The Minneapolis, Minnesota-based company originally announced that it expected the spin off...
- U.S. Bancorp will spin off Piper Jaffray. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, pA4
Reports on the plans of U.S. Bancorp to spin off the wholly owned subsidiary U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. to U.S. Bancorp shareholders in the U.S. Acquisition of the Piper Jaffray company by the shareholdes in a tax-free stock dividend distribution; Expectation on U.S. Bancorp to hold a...
- Firstar, U.S. Bancorp Merger Shouldn't Hurt Piper Jaffray. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p32
Explains how Firstar Corp.'s acquisition of U.S. Bancorp is not expected to adversely affect U.S. Bancorp's investment banking subsidiary U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray. Highest-ranked senior manager of small municipal bond issues; Merger to result in a $21.2 billion union.
- U.S. Bancorp Adds 2 Southwest Bankers and a Senior Trader. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p7
Reports on the hiring of bankers and senior trader by the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of its municipal business in the Southwest and institutional tax-exempt trading group in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities; Career profile of the executives; Company background.
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Starting Hotel Financing Group. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p32
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s establishment of a hotel financing group. Employees that will be hired by the company; Increase of tax-exempt financing for hotels.
- Piper Leaves Bancorp Nest. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the independent operation of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Restructuring of U.S. Bancorp; Importance of the announcement regarding the autonomous operation of the investment banking business; Effectivity of restructuring. INSET: Stone & Youngberg Names Four New VPs.
- Triple-A Scottsdale, Ariz., Goes to Market with GO, Refunding Offerings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p31
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds of general obligation (GO) debt in Scottsdale, Arizona. Amount of the outstanding GO debt; Supervision of the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray on the selling of the GO bond; Bond sales in the city.