Leadership styles and situations
- Claiming the Corner Office: Executive Leadership Lessons for Nurses. // Lamp;Sep2013, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p45
The article reviews the book "Claiming the Corner Office: Executive Leadership Lessons for Nurses," by Connie Curran and Therese Fitzpatrick
- Experts Offer Advice for Climbing the Nurse Leadership Ladder. Krischke, Megan M. // NurseZone Newsletter;9/14/2012, p1
The article presents recommendations from successful nursing leaders who desire to advance its leadership towards divergence. Ninfa Saunders of Central Georgia Health System mentions that gaining respect with employee is a fundamental way to be an efficient leader. Karlene Kerfoot of Kerfoot &...
- Leading the Leaders: The Challenge of Leading an Empowered Organization. Kerfoot, Karlene // Pediatric Nursing;May/Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p301
Discusses the challenge for nurse leaders in leading the empowered workforce in different ways. Role of the nurse leader/manager; Establishment of the culture of co-leaders; Characteristics of an effective leader.
- Balancing From the Balcony. Kerfoot, Karlene // Nursing Economic$;May/Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p157
Focuses on the challenges confronting nurse leaders in balancing available resources with organizational needs. Need to simultaneously operate at the level of future possibilities and reality; Factors to be considered in keeping harmony with competing forces; Measures for achieving personal...
- Call to assess aspiring managers to ensure leadership skills. // Nursing Management - UK;Dec2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p5
No abstract available.
- I'm Behind You! The Manager as a Coach. Goggin, Melissa // Nursing Economic$;May/Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p160
Provides seven coaching tools for nurse managers. Importance of communication and behavioral feedback; Value of listening and focusing on strengths of employees; Techniques to deflect confrontation; Need to maintain neutral tone of voice during dialogues; Benefits of role modeling.
- Leadership programme benefits confirmed. Lipley, Nick // Nursing Management - UK;Feb2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p4
Elaborates the benefits of the Royal College of Nursing clinical leadership program to British nurse managers. Issues highlighted by related studies; Advantage of the development of confidence and self-esteem to clinical leaders.
- Vantage point. Kay, Jenny // Nursing Management - UK;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p7
Discusses the duties and responsibilities of nursing managers in the workforce. Impression of junior staff nurses on nursing managers; Views on the concept of performance system and its significance to nursing managers; Opinion on clinical governance and leadership.
- A meeting of minds. Tierney-Moore, Heather // Nursing Management - UK;May2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
The article describes how a group of executive nurse directors is guiding policy and helping to raise the standards of services in Scotland. Changes in the National Health Service (NHS) Scotland are reportedly being driven by a wide range of policy initiatives spearheaded by the Scottish...