Leadership styles and situations
- Claiming the Corner Office: Executive Leadership Lessons for Nurses. // Lamp;Sep2013, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p45
The article reviews the book "Claiming the Corner Office: Executive Leadership Lessons for Nurses," by Connie Curran and Therese Fitzpatrick
- Experts Offer Advice for Climbing the Nurse Leadership Ladder. Krischke, Megan M. // NurseZone Newsletter;9/14/2012, p1
The article presents recommendations from successful nursing leaders who desire to advance its leadership towards divergence. Ninfa Saunders of Central Georgia Health System mentions that gaining respect with employee is a fundamental way to be an efficient leader. Karlene Kerfoot of Kerfoot &...
- Leading the Leaders: The Challenge of Leading an Empowered Organization. Kerfoot, Karlene // Pediatric Nursing;May/Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p301
Discusses the challenge for nurse leaders in leading the empowered workforce in different ways. Role of the nurse leader/manager; Establishment of the culture of co-leaders; Characteristics of an effective leader.
- Balancing From the Balcony. Kerfoot, Karlene // Nursing Economic$;May/Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p157
Focuses on the challenges confronting nurse leaders in balancing available resources with organizational needs. Need to simultaneously operate at the level of future possibilities and reality; Factors to be considered in keeping harmony with competing forces; Measures for achieving personal...
- I'm Behind You! The Manager as a Coach. Goggin, Melissa // Nursing Economic$;May/Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p160
Provides seven coaching tools for nurse managers. Importance of communication and behavioral feedback; Value of listening and focusing on strengths of employees; Techniques to deflect confrontation; Need to maintain neutral tone of voice during dialogues; Benefits of role modeling.
- Leadership programme benefits confirmed. Lipley, Nick // Nursing Management - UK;Feb2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p4
Elaborates the benefits of the Royal College of Nursing clinical leadership program to British nurse managers. Issues highlighted by related studies; Advantage of the development of confidence and self-esteem to clinical leaders.
- Call to assess aspiring managers to ensure leadership skills. // Nursing Management - UK;Dec2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p5
No abstract available.
- Vantage point. Kay, Jenny // Nursing Management - UK;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p7
Discusses the duties and responsibilities of nursing managers in the workforce. Impression of junior staff nurses on nursing managers; Views on the concept of performance system and its significance to nursing managers; Opinion on clinical governance and leadership.
- More NHS leadership centre resignations amid training dispute. // Nursing Management - UK;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p4
Discusses concerns on nursing leadership training in Great Britain. Resignations of development managers Dave Dawes and Ali Handscomb from the Nursing Health Service centre; Launching of the national leadership program for nurses.