- Missouri House Fails to Override Tax Cut Veto. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;9/12/2013, p8
The article focuses on the failure of Missouri House Republicans to muster the votes to override Governor Jay Nixon's veto of a tax cut package that the Democrat had warned jeopardized public services and state's triple-A bond ratings. According to Nixon, the more people that would learn about...
- Life on the brink of a downgrade calls for real job creation. // Caribbean Business;4/18/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p22
The author reflects on the need for real job creation in Puerto Rico, relative to the potential downgrading of Puerto Rico's bonds into junk status. The author states that Puerto Rico has only 39% of labor participation, which means that 61% of Puerto Ricans are considered eligible to work or...
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Endangered Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declining rating on zoo bonds issued by Palm Beach County by Fitch Ratings in Florida.
- Hillcrest Stays Put. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the bond rating for the outstanding Series 2000 bonds of the Montana Health Facilities Authority.
- GOs to Go. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Nevada.
- AA Affirmed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Washington.
- New Jersey's Middlesex County May Lose Top Rating. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p4
Reports that Middlesex County, New Jersey is on the verge of losing its top rating as its general fund is facing deficits at the county-run, long-term care facility. Effects of the fund deficit on the health care facilities; Impacts of the rating downgrade on the county's fund reserves.