Judge Blocks Sale of Florida Water; Hearing Set for Feb. 28
- Florida Water Eager to Close Sale As Suits, PSC Question Authority. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p1
Reports that pending lawsuits could affect the validity of the entity that plans to issue multi-million dollar bonds to purchase Florida Water Services Corp., according to the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC). Market conditions that could impact the sale price of bonds; Obstacles faced...
- Florida Water Services May Need State Approval for Sale of Assets. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p1
Reports that privately-owned firm Florida Water Services Corp. may need approval from the state Public Service Commission (PSC) for selling its $550 million of revenue bonds to Gulf Breeze-based Florida Water Services Authority. Recommendation of PSC on its jurisdiction over the sale; Areas...
- Florida Water Must Wait for PSC Approval. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p1
Focuses on a multi-million dollar bond issue by the Florida Water Services Authority that was delayed due to a court injunction to the state Public Service Commission (PSC) regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Customers who will be affected by the...
- Florida Water Services Seeks Overturn of PSC. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p4
Focuses on a petition filed by Florida Water Services Corp. asking the First District Court of Appeals to overturn decisions by the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC). Order by PSC regarding transfer of systems under its preview to Florida Water Services Authority; Approval of transfer by...
- Fla. Gives Verizon Retention Relief. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the effect of a change in tariff filing rules by the Florida Public Service Commission on Verizon Communications Inc. in 2006. Authority of Verizon to create promotional rates designed to retain telephone customers; Inclusion of gift cards and billing discounts in their retention...
- Florida Water Services May Face Court Injunction Blocking Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p3
Reports that the Florida Public Service Commission asked the Leon County Circuit Court as of February 2003 to issue an injunction prohibiting the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. to the Florida Water Services Authority. Details of the injunction; Reasons for the issue of the injunction;...
- Embattled Florida Utility Panel Picks New Chairman. Beattie, Jeff // Energy Daily;12/23/2009, p3
The article announces that Nancy Argenziano has been appointed as the new chairman for Florida Public Service Commission in the U.S.
- Duke Energy to build Florida plant. // Modern Power Systems;Sep98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p10
Reports on Duke Energy Power Services' filing of plans with the Florida Public Service Commission for a gas-fired plant at New Smyrna Beach. Expected cost of the combined cycle plant.
- Proactive Installment Sales Involvement. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Dec2001, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p43
Provides tips on installment selling of assets. Questions that need to be addressed prior to selling assets; Assets qualified for installment sales treatment; Aspects of the sales transaction that need to be analyzed before signing the sale agreement. INSET: Payments to IRS..