Possible Strike a 'Non-Event' for Colorado RTD's Outstanding Debt
- Ports Playing Hardball. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p1
Reports the impact of the work slowdowns due to lockouts on the economy in San Francisco, California. Resolutions between the International Longshore and Warehouse Union; Estimated costs of the lockouts on national economy; Emphasis on the negotiations between parties on private sector.
- L.A. MTA Strike. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p7
Reports on the strike by bus and train operators and mechanics in Los Angeles, California. Concerns of holders of bonds of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority.
- Philadelphia School District Chaos Unlikely to Hurt This Week's Sale. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p1
Highlights the plan of Philadelphia School District in Pennsylvania to sell $130 million insured general obligation bonds despite a teacher strike in the district. Governor Tom Ridge's authority to take over the district; Assurance that operational turmoil will not affect sale and bondholders.
- C Bond Riding Out Political Noise. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p9
Discusses the impact of the public sector workers' strike against the plans of the government of Brazil to reform the state pension system on the trading of Brazilian debt, C bond. Level of C bond trading; Overview of political issues that concern investors in Brazil; Challenges facing the...
- Country Risk Summary: COSTA RICA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
Outlines the country risk prospect of Costa Rica in 2003. Outlook on the government's political strength; Purpose of the bonds that the government will issue on the international markets; Impact of the strike at state electricity and telecom company ICE on the business community.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;06/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31155, p37
Reports developments related to bonds in the Southern States as of June 2001. Approval of the SB 632 bill by the Louisiana state House Ways and Means Committee; Impact of the Comair pilot strike on the revenue bond rating of Kenton County Airport Board; Details on the public improvement and...
- C Bond Riding Out Political Noise. // Latin America Financial Alert;7/14/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p6
Reports that concerns over the extent of a public sector workers strike against the government's plans to reform the state pension system has depressed the price of Brazilian debt in July 2003. Status of the country's C bond price; Issues clouding the world of Brazilian politics that investors...
- Dampier fears buyers' strike over gilt plans. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing;4/30/2009, p3
The article reports on the concern expressed by Mark Dampier, research head at Hargreaves Landsdown in Great Britain, about the government' plan for a Â£220 billion bond issuance on buyers. He believes that this plan can result to strike by buyers in the market. However, Stuart Thomson, Ignis...
- Minnesota Orchestra Rating Stabilizes Post Lockout. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/25/2014, Issue F349, p1
The Minnesota Orchestral Association's low investment grade credit has stabilized as the organization recovers from its past lockout, Standard & Poor's said.