LAUSD Opens Retail Period For $2B Issue
- QUICK CASH: St. Louis schools vend milk. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the Nesquik Milk vending program introduced by Mehlville School District in Saint Louis, Missouri. Income generated from the vending program.
- City Scoop Fort Worth. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/13/2014, Vol. 273 Issue 10, Following pTX9
The article reports that several projects in health care, municipal, commercial and retail are underway and voters will decide on the Texas' Fort Worth Multipurpose Arena proposition in November 2014. It mentions about the Fort Worth Independent School District's (ISD) bond program which is...
- Schools in a Pickle. // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p35
Discusses the challenges faced by U.S. school food service administrators regarding nutrition policies and retail sales. Profits of the Clark County School District in Las Vegas, Nevada after the implementation of a nutrition policy; Effect of the junk food ban in schools on the sales of...
- New Jersey districts receive $197M for software and hardware, etc. // Electronic Education Report;09/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the allocation for school districts New Jersey to purchase computer software, hardware and staff development resources. Distance learning applications; Maintenance of technology centers.
- Wealthy Texas Districts Say Robin Hood Starves Students. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p30
Reports on the feedback given by wealthy school districts in Texas regarding a school-finance formula for the school districts in the state. Details of the formula; Possible impact of the formula on the fiscal health of the districts; Efforts of a state legislative committee to find ways of...
- ILLINOIS: Spending Too Much. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on expenditures of school districts in Illinois. Difference between revenues and expenditures; Financial practices followed by school districts.
- ILLINOIS: Another Aaa School. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p29
Reports on ratings of the New Trier Township High School District 203 in Cook County, Illinois. Number of districts in the state that have Aaa ratings; Completion of the refunding of general obligation bonds of the district; Location of the district.
- S&P Report Predicts Budget Problems for Robin Hood-Raided Texas Districts. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p30
Reports on the school districts of Texas. Features of property-rich school districts; Contributors to Robin Hood redistribution scheme; Implications of the school finance formula of the state.
- On Oakland's ebonics: Some say gibberish, some say slang, some say dis den dat, me say dem dumb,... Jackson, Jacquelyne John // Black Scholar;Spring97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
Speculates on the resolution of California's Oakland Unified school district declaration about ebonics. Information on the role of public school teachers and the resolution; Discussion on the resolution.