Conflicts of interest
- Talk. Jones, Chris Whitmore; Stratham, P. J.; Stockton, Breck; Archers, Ian // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2005, Issue 5455, p9
Focuses on the viewpoints executives on the outlook of the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. Lack of consumer confidence about the economy; Insufficiency of investment in buildings; Prediction of trade improvement.
- Office Furtniture Makers Report Mixed Signals. // Wood & Wood Products;Dec2003, Vol. 108 Issue 13, p62
Focuses on the increase in economic growth and the improvement of business and consumer confidence for furniture industry according to forecasts from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association. Impact of office construction with demand in 2003; Benefit of corporate...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p5
Reports developments related to furniture industry in Great Britain as of March 2004. Impact of inflationary pressures on causing the Bank of England to increase interest rates; Increase in business and consumer confidence according Shop and Display Equipment Association; Effort of John Owens, a...
- 2006 forecast: Growth in furniture, bedding spending to slow to 0.8%. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;1/9/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p12
The article forecasts the consumer spending on furniture and bedding in the U.S. by 2006. According to industry analysts, the growth in consumer spending will decrease by 0.8 percent. Sales on furniture stores are expected to roughly mirror the consumer spending trend. The consumer price index...
- What's in store. // Cabinet Maker;1/15/2010, Issue 5670, p52
The article presents the 2010 outlook in the furniture retailing industry in Great Britain. It notes that the industry is still in an unstable state despite sales in the furniture sector are moving between positive and negative and the consumer confidence is rising in conformity with the...
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Denmark Country Monitor;Jan2012, p7
The article presents an economic outlook for consumer demand in Denmark which indicates a weakened consumer confidence that could impact unemployment and a slow economic recovery in the lagging labor-intensive sector.
- What's All This Forecasting Stuff, Anyhow? Pease, Bob // Electronic Design;1/12/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p18
Comments on the pros and cons of economic forecasting. Deterioration of consumer confidence; Decrease of prices; Difficulty in market recovery.
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Finland Country Monitor;Jan2012, p6
The article presents an economic outlook for Finland which indicates a weakened consumer confidence that could impact unemployment and slow recovery in the lagging labor-intensive sector.
- Consumers Feeling Confident! Beck, Diane // Missoula Independent;4/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, pC9
The article offers the author's views regarding consumer confidence and positive outlook towards the economy and personal income.