Reorganization fears prompt Silentnight fall
- Back in the running. Mernock, Neal // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p18
The article presents an interview with Neal Mernock, chief executive officer of Silentnight Group. He has been in this job for the last three weeks and now wants to change how the group operates. Mernock has to face more pressure as compared to his predecessors faced because of major losses in...
- Marketing award for silentnight. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p1
Reports that the marketing team at Silentnight Beds has received the Consumer Marketing award at the Furniture Industry Awards gala dinner for its advertising campaign featuring a hippo and duck.
- Silentnight snaps up Ducal for Â£15m. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/03/2000, Issue 5212, p1
Reports on Silentnight Holdings' acquisition of Ducal, a cabinet and upholstery manufacturer in Great Britain.
- Silentnight warns of more restructuring pain. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p3
Reports on the financial performance of furniture firm Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain as of May 9, 2003. Restructuring cost; Pre-tax losses; Operating profits; Bed sales.
- Growing Silentnight looks forward to investment boost. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p5
Reports on the increase in the profits of Silentnight Holdings due to the 10 percent and 11 percent rise in bed and cabinet sales in Great Britain. Increase in the sales of the country's bed trade; Expectations of continued increase in sales with the warehousing and extensions at Perfecta and...
- New lines bring in orders for Silentnight Group. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p4
Reports on Silentnight Group's launching of a line of furniture at Salterforth in England. Attendance at the launch; Value of orders; Notable items from the line.
- Children are the goal. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p4
Reports on Silentnight Furniture's plan to branch out into the children's market with the launch of its Mad About Football bedroom cabinet range at its At Home.
- Allders buyers face layoffs. // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p1
Reports the restructuring plans on buying departments of Allders company in the U.S. Views of cabinet makers on the move of the company; Assessment on the business performance of the company; Impact of restructuring on the operation of Allders.
- Allders cull claims head of marketing. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;2/27/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the reorganization of Allders in Great Britain. Forced resignation of marketing director Larry Thomson; Management of the company by Scarlett Retail company; Initiation of the restructuring by shareholder Terry Green.