WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN: COFFEE BREWERS
- Green Mountain Jettisons Filterfresh. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/29/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p12
This article reports on the sale of the Filterfresh business of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. to Aramark Refreshment Services LLC.
- Deal Pros Wake Up and Smell the Coffee. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p12
The article reports that Aramark Refreshment Services has bought the Filterfresh business of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc., while Caribou Holding is still looking for a buyer for its 28.8 percent stake.
- Aramark division buys Country Club Coffee unit. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/10/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p108
The article reports that Aramark Corp. division Aramark Refreshments Services acquired the office coffee-services business of Davenport, Iowa-based Country Club Coffee. The acquisition will bring more than 1,000 additional businesses to Aramark Refreshments' client base. Country Club provides...
- in brief. // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the food service industry in the U.S. David Davidson was named director for operations by Harvard University Dining Services (HUDS). Sodexo has posted an 8.4% growth in revenues in its 2008 fiscal year which ended August 31. Coffee and refreshment...
- COFFEE CAN? Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;2/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p71
Discusses various aspect of the coffee brewing process. Percentage increase in the consumption of coffee; Discussion on various equipment used for making freshly brewed coffee; Factors that contribute in brewing good coffee; Importance of the type of brewer used in the coffee brewing process;...
- COFFEE. // Ebony;Jan1950, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p50
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making good coffee.
- Coffee bars do not a prison make. Sinnot, Kevin // Buildings;Jan1997, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p26
Describes a make-shift coffee maker used by Charlie, a prison inmate. Use of an electric plug-in heating element known as a `stringer.'
- A cup of convenience. // Consumer Reports;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p39
Reports on automatic drip coffee makers. Differences which account for variations in prices; Brewing time; The drip-stop feature; Cost of replacement carafes; Drips while pouring; Recommendations. INSET: Common features.
- Coffee makers. // Consumer Reports;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p40
Presents the Consumer Reports ratings and recommendations for coffee makers. Shopping strategy; Overall ratings; Details on models.