CLASSIC AND VERSATILE: The value of veal today
- You Say Tonnato. Raisfeld, Robin; Patronite, Rob // New York;9/27/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p94
Reports on the variations of the dish vitello tonnato served in various restaurants in New York City. Protein ingredients used to substitute for the veal in the dish; Cesca chef Amanda Freitag's use of tuna instead of veal in preparing vitello tonnato.
- Veal Stew. Isle, Ray // Food & Wine;Dec2006, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p58
The article features the veal stew dish at Gayle restaurant of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Chef Daniel Stern made the veal stew consisting of crispy sweetbreads, seared flank steak, moist brisket and breast meat. The dish has also slivers of veal tongue and a cigarillo-size cylinder of shredded...
- American fine-dining chefs make no bones about putting osso buco on their menus. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;6/11/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the growing number of American chefs who include osso buco in their dishes. According to the author, osso buco is a braised section of veal shank or shin with a bone filled with rich marrow. The author reveals that most American chefs combine osso buco with lamb, pork and...
- Making the cut. Cobe, Patricia // FoodService Director;8/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, pFSB2
The article focuses on trends in the preparation of meat products in the U.S. It relates a research by The National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) Beef Checkoff program which identified several flavorful muscles from the shoulder and chuck that previously were not marketed for use in...
- The veal deal. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;7/17/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 29, p17
The article describes several cookery style of veal. Chef E. Michael Reidt claims that he braises the cheeks and roasts the sweetbreads and serves them with confit veal breast. Chef Brett McKee, on the other hand, uses the breast, pounds it and rolls it around a stuffing made from Italian...
- Inn at Little Washington: Ultimate Splurge. Dalphonse, Sherri // Washingtonian Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p148
Features the Inn at Little Washington restaurant in Virginia. Prices of daily menus; Treatment of a waiter to diners; Background on its veal and tuna entrÃ©es.
- RESTAURANTS. // New York;2/6/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p92
The article presents a list of restaurants as of February 2006 in New York City, New York. It include: Anthony's restaurant that served selection on pasta, chicken, and veal; Aquaterra restaurant, which is owned by Tony Acinapura; Barbounia restaurant, under Chef Michael Cresotti; DuMont Burger...
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/29/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p48
This article presents information on food products of various food services companies of the U.S. Pastry manufacturer Sara Lee Corp. presents its new Dulce de Leche Caramel Cream Whipped Cream Layer Cake. The moist, yellow cake is smothered inside and out with smooth caramel and real whipped...
- Letters to the editor; R.S.V.P. // Bon Appetit;Aug88, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p12
Recipe given for breast of veal stuffed with dried fruit and herbs, which was enjoyed by a reader at The Inn at South Newfane in Vermont.