HERE'S THE BEEF
- Lean Beef Makes the Cut. Young, Mary K. // Food Management;May2001, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p80
Provides tips on proper slicing of beef. Recognition of beef as one of the best menu in food service; Nutritional facts; Need to select lean cuts of beef. INSET: Healthful Beef Facts..
- High Steaks Competition. // Beef Expert Blog;7/ 3/2012, p1
The article reports that the Beef Checkoff Program is calling for entries for the annual National Foodservice Beef Backer Awards for 2012.
- Prime rib offers a cut above the rest. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;5/2/94, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p45
Offers insights on the popularity of prime ribs of beef as a menu item in restaurants in the United States. Comparison with steaks; Multiple portions; Serving size; Increase in sales of prime ribs in 1993; Offer of beef roast as an option; Importance of chef's creativity in serving prime ribs;...
- Vegas Strip debuts as perhaps last new steak. Newport, Alan // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Sep2012, Vol. 209 Issue 9, Special section p9
The article focuses on the growth of the new steak called Vegas Strip Steak, developed through the collaboration of meat scientist Tony Mata, Jacob Nelson of Oklahoma State University (OSU), and chef Rick Gresh, in the food-service industry in the U.S.
- Dry-aged beef has carved out a niche in wet-aged market. Newport, Alan // Prairie Farmer;Sep2011, pBP6
The article reports that dry-aged beef has attained a valuable place in the U.S. food-service market.
- UNCLE ANDY'S JERKY. // Muscle & Fitness;Sep2014, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p16
The article reports that the beef jerky brand, Uncle Andy's Jerky, launched its delivery service.
- Beef Bounces Back. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p105
Highlights the rejuvenation of the popularity of beef dishes among non-commercial foodservice facilities in the United States in the late 1990's. Beef cuts that are the leanest; Health benefits of beef; Popular food items made from beef; Examples of breakfast preparations from leftover roast.
- Upscale and traditional. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p106
Focuses on the efforts of foodservice operators in the United States to upgrade their beef menu selections to meet customer expectations. Customer preferences; Popular recipes served by Market Market, a program that rotates with Tortilla Fresca; How standard menus are customized for catering.
- Why beef is back. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p99
Reports on trends in the food service operations specializing in beef dishes in the United States. Hamburgers as most popular single category; Growth in sales of steak; Drop in sales of prime ribs; Popular beef dishes in schools.