LARGEST IN RECENT YEARS: Inflation forecast for '03: Up 3%-4%
- LatAm: Inflation Story To Continue In 2008. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/10/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 34, p14
The article offers an economic outlook for Latin America for 2008. Robust global energy and agricultural prices are the key drivers of inflation. Food-related consumer prices inflation (CPI) is at least two percentage points higher than the headline rates. Consumer inflation in Colombia is at a...
- What is the connection between inflation and food and beverages? // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;1/19/2013, p15
The article discusses the relationship between inflation and the food and beverages sector, which when based on the Consumer Price Index can display a 13% year-on-year growth.
- Consumer Prices Stable. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Dec2010, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p8
The article offers information on the consumer price inflation (CPI) forecasting made by the Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) in Tunisia. It says that the improvement in the CPI was contributed by the downtrend in the food and beverage industry. It adds that the increase in the...
- Gradual Rate Rises Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Presents economic forecasts for Poland for the remainder of 2006 and for 2007. Possible increase of consumer price index; Expected moderate tightening cycle; Inflation growth.
- May CPI Belies Decelerating Non-Food Prices. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2008, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p5
The article presents an economic outlook for Vietnam in 2008. It is projected that inflation will reach a peak of close to 30% year over year (y-o-y) in the third quarter as month on month (m-o-m) inflation decelerates. It is expected that it will fall to the anticipated 18.0% inflation target...
- South Korea: Further Monetary Tightening Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/11/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the Consumer Price Inflation (CPI) rate in South Korea in March 2011 and the forecast for the second quarter of 2011. The main drivers for the increase in CPI are food and transport. The government is expected to increase efforts to fight inflation in the following months....
- Survey Measures of Expected Inflation: Revisiting the Issues of Predictive Content and Rationality. Mehra, Yash P. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Summer2002, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p17
Examines the behavior of three survey measures of one-year-ahead consumer price index inflation expectations in the U.S. Use of the test of Granger-causality to investigate predictive content and real-time data on some pertinent variable to evaluate the rationality; Accuracy of the...
- Stubborn Inflation. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Jul2007, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p9
The article forecasts the 2007 economic outlook of Mauritius. It is predicted that the country's consumer price inflation (CPI) will reach to 9.5%. The lagged effect on CPI's exchange rate indicates that the currency's weakness toward the end of 2006 is evident in the prices of goods. The...
- Reining In Inflation. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p5
Forecasts the annual inflation rate in Brazil for 2006. Increase in the consumer price index of the country; Percentage of the predicted inflation rate in the nation; Impact of the improving price of ethanol on the economic trend; Effect of transportation costs on the inflation rate.