STUDENTS HAPPY: Unlimited meal plans growing at Georgia Tech
- HEALTHY DINING HALL DEBUTS AT PSU. // Food Management;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the transition of a campus dining hall into an all-healthy-all-the-time venue and menuing dishes at Penn State University (PSU) in University Park, Pennsylvania. While the other five dining halls maintain their traditional menu mixes, Simmons is devised to provide service...
- Iowa's Urge to Burge. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the renovation of the Burge dining hall by the food services team at the University of Iowa. Features of the dining hall; Lessons learned by the team from the renovation process; Role of the university staff in menu development.
- Dining at Vanderbilt. // Food Management;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p23
The article offers information on the dining areas at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. One of which is the Commons Dining Centers located in the Commons Center and designed to entice communal dining. Another one is the Rand Dining Hall, the center for dining for decades and has...
- ADVICE & DISSENT. Thornell, Maya; Bacchus, Sydney; Walker, Scott; Heenan, Bill; Baumel, Syd; Zylstra, John; Ringold, Michael // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Our Bodies, Ourselves," which focused on environmental contamination and its impacts on women's health; "Green Menus," which focused on the greening of campus dining rooms; "Clean Energy Goes to...
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.
- Stay in line, and no honking. Coeyman, Marjore // Restaurant Business;11/20/95, Vol. 94 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the popularity of a hamburger drive-through operating in a public high school in Bryan, Texas. Drive-throughs as an opportunity to capture the high school student market; Success of the breakfast service; Attractiveness of the idea to campuses with open-school policy.
- Cafeteria facelift rejuvenates sales at Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. high school. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
No abstract available.