MILE-HIGH MEAL PRICES: AIR CARRIERS TEST IN-FLIGHT SALES
- The SPY Lazlo letters. // Spy Magazine;Oct/Nov93, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p28
Reprints two letters, first, a suggestion to America West Airline that it serves American food on board, and second, a reply from the airline.
- US majors say nuts to snack traditions. // Airline Business;Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the testing of in-flight catering by America West and Northwest Airlines. Price range of meals offered by America West; Motivation of Northwest for trying to sell in-flight food.
- America West Airlines. Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;11/1/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 44, pS-10
Reports on the marketing strategy of J. Scott Kirby, executive vice president of sales and marketing for America West Airlines Inc. Services offered by the airline company; Options of food items provided by LSG Sky Chefs for the clients of the company; Changes in the fare structure of the airline.
- Deregulation's latest darling. Schwartz, J.; Collier, R. // Newsweek;12/7/1987, Vol. 110 Issue 23, p68
America West Airlines, a fast-growing four-year-old carrier with an impressive Southwest niche, is the latest of deregulation's darlings. It is trying to expand aggressively beyond its regional stronghold, prompting industry analysts to worry. America West was begun with $500,000 seed money by...
- America West back in the saddle. Henderson, Danna K. // Air Transport World;June97, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p85
Focuses on America West Airlines, highlighting that their troubles are a thing of the past. Optimism surrounding the future of the airline; Comments from William Franke, chairman and chief executive officer of America West Holdings and its principal subsidiary, America West Airlines; Financial...
- Low-cost carrier. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/25/86, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p45
America West Airlines began a low-cost carrier in the post-deregulation era and is now entering a period of transition. It is developing new facilities, making significant fleet changes, and instituting new employee compensation packages.
- America West growth program forges ahead with Airbus order. Fotos, C.P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/8/1990, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p30
Studies America West's growth program, which includes orders for up to 118 Airbus Industrie A320 aircraft. The airline is the 10th-largest United States airline. Aircraft options; Route expansion; Possible shuttle purchase.
- America West declares 50 percent-off sale a success. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/18/91, Vol. 134 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the results of America West's three-day 50 percent-off ticket sale. The offer simulated travel and gave national exposure to the Phoenix-based major carrier.
- America West declares bankruptcy, begins route restructuring. Ott, J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/8/1991, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p30
Announces that America West Airlines has filed a petition for reorganization with the US District Court, Phoenix, an action that followed several company statements indicating a deteriorating fiscal situation. Details of the petition; Other major airlines on the bankruptcy list.