FEEDING VETS, SEEKING WORK: SHELTER ADDS TO LABOR POOL
- Horizon Bay to host program on veterans benefits. // Graham Leader;11/13/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p6A
The article informs about a program on veterans "Discovering your Wartime Veterans Benefits," to be held on November 18, 2011, at Horizon Bay in Graham, Young County, Texas.
- Mr. Rubenstein Replies. Rubenstein, Ed // National Review;6/10/1988, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p7
Replies to comments on the author's article about the military pension in the U.S.
- Congress Can Honor America's Heroes by Providing Immediate Funding. Hutchinson, Kay Bailey // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/14/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p19
The article presents the author's views on the immediate funding required by the U.S. Congress to honor its war veterans.
- Winning benefits for G.I. Joe and Jane. Martin, C. // Black Enterprise;Jul91, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p23
Examines Congressional efforts to pass laws providing a range of benefits to aid veterans and their families. Controversy over specifically increasing aid to minority vets; Specific benefits proposed; Overview of those passed or rejected to date.
- Lofty Returns. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p50
Deals with the popularity of pizza in the United States. Variety of pizza being offered by food service operators; Ethnic flavor influences on pizza dough; Versatility of the menu item; Selected pizza recipes.
- SPOTLIGHT ON SiDE dishes. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the ingredients needed for the enhancement of main dishes in Idaho. Imagination on simple or exotic cooking; Considerations on the favorites of customers; Creativity in food preparation.
- Mexican and beyond. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p72
Reports on the popularity of Mexican and Hispanic dishes in the U.S. Dishes offered at cafeterias operated by Sodexho/Wood Dining Services for Air Products; Recipe for Turkey Wrap With Plantain Chips; Preparation for skirt steak with grilled cactus paddles.
- Hale and Hearty Vegan EntrÃ©es. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Spring2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the strategies in preparing a vegan cuisine. Ways to prepare a vegan meals in restaurants; Ingredients; Technique in making a tofu sauce.
- Infusion confusion leads to vocabulary lessons and new taste variations. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;09/04/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p37
Focuses on the use of the infusion process in the food service sector in the United States. Chefs' experimentation in infusing ingredients in mediums of all kinds to create unusual drink bases, sauces, soups and broths; Strategies in infusion in various restaurants in U.S. cities.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/02/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p48
Presents news items related to restaurants and the food service industry in the United States as of October 2, 2000. First certified research chef of the Research Chefs Association; Tezpur chili of India; Promotion of Rick Boyer from sous chef to chef de cuisine at Wright's Dining Room in...