NEW ITEMS BECOME PERMANENT: UCLA Med. adds promos
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center rolls out preplated meals hospitalwide. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the food production center at Columbia Presbyterian medical Center has switched from shipping foods in bulk to preplating patient's meals to save on labor and food costs. Food savings from decreased waste; Preparation of meals five meals in advance of service; Result of tests on the...
- Weekly menu plan helps keep labor dollars down. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the advantages of the weekly menu system introduced at the Integris Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Features of the system; Information included in description of menu items and substitutions; Considerations in implementing the new system.
- With 5th brand: Tenn. med. center expands foodcourt. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Reports that Columbia Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee has added Medtown Grill as the fifth branded concept to its all-branded foodcourt. Foodcourt fare; Facility's reintroduction of a employee discount program.
- With brands, snack carts at children's hosp.: Luring youngsters to cafeteria. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p66
Reports on the efforts of the Nutrition Services Department of the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., to combat boredom by creating interesting ways to attract young patients into the cafeteria. Seating capacity; Opening hours of the cafeteria; Features of the menu;...
- Burlington Med. Ctr. eyes an HMR station. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
Features the foodcourt of Burlington Medical Center in Burlington, Iowa. Lobby coffee cart that switches to take-home-meals at night; Aim to balance production at lunchtime in the cafeteria; Completion of the foodcourt by early 2000; Menu items and prices.
- California hospital shifts tray-service. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p28
Informs that the Los Robles Regional Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California, has shifted tray-passing from nursing to foodservice staff. Immediate benefits of tray-passing; Training program for all foodservice tray-passers.
- At Bay State: Brands boost hosp. biz 27%. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the increase in food sales at Bay State Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts, following the installation of branded concepts and products. Comments from Peter Savanko, director of food and nutrition; Sales prior to the installation of the branded concepts and products.
- 4-Unit Oakwood Med. Ctr.: Hosp. Group Heats Up Cook-Chill Production. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p54
Reports that Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center has started using its cook-chill equipment to prepare meals for affiliated institutions in Dearborn, Michigan. Hospitals that comprise the Oakwood Hospital system; Comments from Robert James, director of food and nutrition services at the...
- To Explain Healthful Choices: East L.A. medical ctr. adds soy, veggie sushi. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Announces the introduction of healthy foods at the cafeteria of the White Memorial Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Popularity of the Edamame food item; Daily average sales of the cafeteria; Description of the veta-meal.