Don't Add 1+1 in M&A, Try Integrating Them
- MTV sidelined as Viva dances to AOL TW. Boehm, Erich // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p7
Reports that AOL Time Warner Inc. acquired EMI's stake in German music channel Viva on June 21, 2002, thwarting MTV's chances at acquiring the music channel. Percentage of ownership of AOL in Viva; Cost of the acquisition; Competition of MTV and Viva in the German music television market.
- CNN, ABC News End Talks. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p38
Reports that America Online Time Warner Inc. has cancelled its plans of merging Cable News Network (CNN) with ABC News. Reasons for cancelling the transaction; Benefits of the possible merger to CNN.
- AOL turns content acquirer. Woods, Adam // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2011, p15
The article examines the impact of AOL Time Warner's purchase of the Huffington Post to its business operation.
- 'The sites bought seem incredibly niche'. Gallacher, Scott // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2011, p15
In this article, the author discusses the result of AOL Time Warner's strategy for acquisitions.
- AOL Time Warner finds new problems with a group vision. Azeez, Wale // New Media Age;8/1/2002, p16
Discusses problems faced by AOL Time Warner regarding the company's cross-media objective. Background of the merger between America Online and Time Warner; Assessment of the viability of the cross-media ownership; Details of problems resulting from mergers between media companies.
- For Ops, Gaming Battle Is More Than Just Play. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p35
Announces the alliance between Sony Corp. and AOL Time Warner Inc.'s America Online. Incorporation of the RealPlayer 8 streaming media format of Real Networks Inc. and the Flash software of Macromedia Corp. into the gaming console; Development of versions of PlayStation 2; Features of the...
- Cinram to buy disc unit from AOL Time Warner. // Plastics News;7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p4
Cinram International Inc. has agreed to acquire the optical media manufacturing business of AOL Time Warner Inc. for $1.05 billion. The deal would include AOL Time Warner's domestic and European compact disc and digital versatile disc operations and Ivy Hill, Virginia-based printing business....
- Canadian convergence in doubt. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/13/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the anticipation among Canadian broadcasters about the deal of mergers of television, newspapers and the Internet since 2002. Plan of the broadcasters to join AOL Time Warner Inc. and other U.S. media firms; Overview of mergers of corporations; Reasons for the failure of the deal.
- AOL TW ready to show what it can do. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the business plans and strategies for the newly-merged AOL Time Warner in the United States. Overview of corporate and department agendas; Issues concerning advertising and reaching a wider audience for the firm's product and service offerings; Restructuring and reorganization plans...