Don't Add 1+1 in M&A, Try Integrating Them
- AOL Time Warner finds new problems with a group vision. Azeez, Wale // New Media Age;8/1/2002, p16
Discusses problems faced by AOL Time Warner regarding the company's cross-media objective. Background of the merger between America Online and Time Warner; Assessment of the viability of the cross-media ownership; Details of problems resulting from mergers between media companies.
- AOL turns content acquirer. Woods, Adam // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2011, p15
The article examines the impact of AOL Time Warner's purchase of the Huffington Post to its business operation.
- 'The sites bought seem incredibly niche'. Gallacher, Scott // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2011, p15
In this article, the author discusses the result of AOL Time Warner's strategy for acquisitions.
- MTV sidelined as Viva dances to AOL TW. Boehm, Erich // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p7
Reports that AOL Time Warner Inc. acquired EMI's stake in German music channel Viva on June 21, 2002, thwarting MTV's chances at acquiring the music channel. Percentage of ownership of AOL in Viva; Cost of the acquisition; Competition of MTV and Viva in the German music television market.
- CNN, ABC News End Talks. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p38
Reports that America Online Time Warner Inc. has cancelled its plans of merging Cable News Network (CNN) with ABC News. Reasons for cancelling the transaction; Benefits of the possible merger to CNN.
- Cinram to buy disc unit from AOL Time Warner. // Plastics News;7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p4
Cinram International Inc. has agreed to acquire the optical media manufacturing business of AOL Time Warner Inc. for $1.05 billion. The deal would include AOL Time Warner's domestic and European compact disc and digital versatile disc operations and Ivy Hill, Virginia-based printing business....
- AOL TW not saying no to Cablevision bid. Mermigas, Daine // Electronic Media;05/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p8
Reports the possibility of acquiring Cablevision Systems by AOL Time Warner (TW) in the United States. Role of AT&T Corp. in the acquisition; Union of AOL TW and CableVision cable systems; Claim of AOL TW on merger-related restructuring charge.
- Adding TiVo to AOL mix. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;05/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p12
Reports the need for AOL Time Warner to purchase TiVo in the United States. Advice of Analyst Josh Bernoff to AOL TW; Capabilities of TiVo in programming selection technology; Award given to TiVo by the US Patent and Trademark.
- HarperCollins Thought Likely Bidder For AOLTWBG. // Book Publishing Report;1/27/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the emergence of HarperCollins (HC) as the early favorite in the speculation over who is likely to buy the AOL Time Warner Book Group (AOLTWBG). Support of the parent company of HC in their decision; HC's revenues; Estimated annual revenues of AOLTWBG.