- Scholastic learning ventures ups focus on Reading Counts! with new position. // Electronic Education Report;01/19/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the naming of Harry Barfoot as president and general manager of Scholastic Learning Ventures. Computer-based activities provided by the company that motivate children to read; Focus on its product `Scholastic Reading Counts!'; Effect of the success in the sales of the product on the...
- Newsmakers... // Educational Marketer;01/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Harry Barfoot was named vice president and general manager of `Scholastic Reading Counts!, the K-12 reading motivation program of a division of Scholastic Incorporated.
- People ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;10/15/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p7
The article announces that Mark Wood was named vice president of national sales and marketing, Gordon Macomber as president and CEO of the Professional & Education business unit of Wolters Kluwer and Ellie Berger as president of Trade Publishing.
- Thomson Gale Upgrades the Learning Experience. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Jun2004, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
This article presents an interview with Gordon Macomber, president of Thomson Gale, an electronic information services company in the U.S. Macomber had two major reasons for joining Thomas Gale: first is the superior brand that Thomson Gale has in the library market and second is the deep...
- A New Presidential Face at Thomson Gale: Gordon T. Macomber. Ojala, Marydee // Online;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p32
This article presents a profile of Gordon T. Macomber who was appointed president at publishing entity Thomson Gale, formerly known as Gale Group, early in April 2004. Prior to Gale, Macomber, who comes from the electronic publishing sector, was chief executive officer at Merriam-Webster Inc., a...
- Macomber to Head M-W. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p24
Deals with the appointment of Gordon Macomber, former president of the NYUOnline distance learning site, as chief executive officer of dictionary publisher Merriam-Webster in March 2003. Duties of Macomber in the board of Encyclopaedia Britannica; Views on the print and digital dictionary market.
- People ... // Educational Marketer;4/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p8
The article presents information related to appointment and promotion of executives in several publishing companies. Thomson Learning Corp. in Stamford, Connecticut, last month named Gordon Macomber as president of its information aggregator business, Thomson Gale. Harcourt Inc. in Orlando,...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;3/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p8
Reports executive developments in the U.S. as of March 2003. Selection of Gordon Macomber to the position of chief executive officer at Merriam-Websters Inc.; Resignation of William Strachan, president and director of Columbia University Press; Job responsibility of Rebecca Schrader, acting...
- Web-school master. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on NYUonline Inc., the for-profit Internet-based learning business of New York University (NYU). Appointment of Gordon Macomber as chief executive officer; Expansion of the unit's number of employees; Alliances forged with the school's hierarchy to create e-learning programs aimed at...