Whither Textbooks, As K-12 Virtual Schools Programs Gain Traction?
- Special EM Report: Electronic Challenges, Market Growth Rank As Top Priorities For College Text Publishers. // Educational Marketer;03/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p1
Discusses the trends and challenges faced by the United States college textbook industry in electronic products and Internet technology.
- E-TEXTBOOKS. // Bulletin of the Association of College Unions International;May2012, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the findings of a study which tested the feasibility of completely shifting the Daytona State College to electronic-textbooks.
- Inquiry dot Com. Bodzin, Alec M.; Cates, Ward Mitchell // Science Teacher;Dec2002, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p48
Discusses the contribution of Web-based inquiry (WBI) activities in providing opportunities for students to learn science. Advantages of technology-based instructional resources compared with textbooks; Qualification criteria of an effective WBI; Availability of real-time information on the...
- Tools Join Texts in Move to Mobile Devices. // Electronic Education Report;2/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the move of educational tool providers to roll out applications for mobile devices in the U.S. in 2012. Apple Inc. partners with major textbook publishers, such as Pearson PLC which has introduced four internet (i)texts on the to-come list and three textbooks for the iPad....
- The Etext Revolution. Siminoff, David // Internet@Schools;May/Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
The article presents the author views on electronic text revolution. The author states about the introduction of online learning few years ago and popularization of digital textbooks and mobile, modular curriculum. The author further discusses the shift of typical paper textbook to digital textbook.
- The Role and Potential Dangers of Visualisation when Learning about Sub-Microscopic Explanations in Chemistry Education. Eilks, Ingo; Witteck, Torsten; Pietzner, Verena // CEPS Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p125
The core of theory-driven chemistry education consists of the constant shift between the different representational domains of chemical thinking: the macroscopic, the sub-microscopic, and the symbolic domains. Because the sub-microscopic domain can neither be seen nor directly visualised, it...
- Effects of integrating digital visual materials with textbook scans in the classroom. Panjwani, Saurabh; Micallef, Luana; Fenech, Karl; Toyama, Kentaro // International Journal of Education & Development using Informati;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
This work examines the effects of treating learners in a classroom to digital visual materials on a shared display, while interleaving such materials with scanned copies of relevant textbook pages. Forty-six ninth-grade students in a public school in Bangalore (India) were divided into two...
- Editorial -- Volume 14, Issue Number 3. Anderson, Terry // International Review of Research in Open & Distance Learning;Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, preceding p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Journey to Textbook Affordability: An Investigation of Students' use of eTextbooks at Multiple Campuses," "Sustaining Teacher Control in a Blog-Based Personal Learning...
- No winner among textbooks. Topham-Kindley, Liane // New Zealand Doctor;8/13/2008, p12
The article focuses on an evaluation conducted by Auckland University's department of general practice and primary health care researchers on the use of electronic textbooks. This evaluation was conducted on behalf of the Auckland, New Zealand branch of the Royal New Zealand College of General...