Harcourt Education Performs for Reed Elsevier, Driving K-12 Education Revenue Up 79% in 2002
- In Cost-Cutting Measure, Harcourt Education Eliminates 350 of 3,000 Jobs Nationwide. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the layoff of several employees of Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Number of employees accepting the voluntary separation offer of the company; Statistics on the revenue of the company.
- Harcourt Plays Catch-Up In E-Basal Textbook Alliance With Riverdeep. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the strategic alliance between Harcourt Education Group and educational software publisher Riverdeep to develop electronic textbooks in the United States.
- Harcourt Education Promotes From Within to Fill School and HRW Posts. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on executive appointments made by Harcourt Education for its School Publishers and Holt Rinehart and Winston operations.
- Testing Slump Knocks Harcourt Education's U.S. K-12 Revenue Down 6% in First Six Months. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the decline in U.S. revenue of education at Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Profit gained at Harcourt's U.S. schools and testing businesses; Optimism of Reed Elsevier chief executive officer Crispin Davis regarding the result; Rate of revenue at Pearson Education.
- Job Cuts Coming to Harcourt Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the decision of Harcourt Education to reduce its workforce, as of January 2003. Reasons for the decision; Details of the staff reduction program.
- Education cuts fight. Larkin, Jim // Printing World;12/9/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the fight of a union against Harcourt Education Group on job cuts in Oxford, England.
- Harcourt Sits Atop $24M Tennessee Literature and Spelling Adoption. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p3
The article reports on an estimated $24 million of sales in Tennessee for literature and spelling textbooks by Harcourt Education's Holt, Rinehart & Winston. Its serial publication "Tennessee Elements of Literature" in grades 6 to 12 reached an approximately $15.4 million or a 64.1% share of sales.
- With Sale of Company Under Way, Harcourt Revenue Slides 1% in 2007. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the decline of the revenue of Harcourt Education Group's School and Assessment business in the U.S. It states that company's revenue dropped to 1% to 708 million in 2007 from 2006. It notes that a weaker performance in supplemental sales affected the textbook sales gains....
- Harcourt's HRW Claims $11 Million from California Adoption. // Educational Marketer;12/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p2
Focuses on the increase sales in the literature and language arts textbooks of Harcourt Education Group in California. Net sales; Competitors of the company.