The use of the MMPI special scales in the assessment of delinquent personality
Tags: PERSONALITY -- Research
- Your place in the family. // Current Health 2;May91, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the role of birth order on personality. General characteristics of oldest, middle, and youngest children; Only children; Spacing of siblings.
- Personality profile of black unwed teen mothers. Drummond, Robert J.; Hansford, Sandra J. // Education;Summer92, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p529
Presents a study investigating the dimensions of personality and personality development of black unwed mothers and compares their profile with their nonparenting peers. The sample consisted of 49 unwed teen mothers and 24 nonparenting teens. Method; Results; Discussion.
- Personality is not stable? // Psychology Today;Dec84, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p54
An essay. Recent psychological wisdom holds that personality isn't a stable, basic core of self, but a flexible entity that reshapes to meet each situation. We might question the insightfulness of psychologists who expect laboratory tactics to reveal psychological truths, especially when their...
- Individual tolerance and group tolerance as personality characteristics. Howarth, Edgar // Psychological Reports;Apr93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p397
Describes group tolerance and individual tolerance, two additional factors of personality which are uncorrelated. Relation to intelligence; Implications of the study.
- Pleasure from activities and self-defeating personality. Schill, Thomas; Beyler, Jane // Psychological Reports;Apr93, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p627
Correlates the scores on a self-defeating personality scale of 53 men and 57 women with the amount of pleasure and enjoyment from individual and social activities and personal accomplishments. Pain being central to the identity of self-defeating individuals; Relationship of self-defeating...
- Personality structure of elderly drivers. Strahan, Robert F.; Mercer, Cletus R. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct97, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p747
Presents a study on the development of a personality questionnaire for elderly drivers. Details on the subjects used in the study; Method in which the study was conducted; Results of the study; Discussion of the results.
- Hostile type A personalities. Pesta, Ben // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun93, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p77
Discusses hostile type A personalities and their increased risk of heart disease. `Toxic core'; Body's response to stress; Arterial blockages; Autonomic nervous system; Parasympathetic nervous system; Twelve-step program from `The Trusting Heart: Great News About Type A Behavior' book; Role of...
- So I like steak. Want to make something of it? Chillot, Rick; Csatari, Jeff // Men's Health (10544836);Nov/Dec92, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p26
Warns that if you are a hostile guy, you have some unhealthy habits. Study found that hostile men have high intakes of cholesterol and sugar; How these cranky men tended to smoke; Exercise and lower blood pressure on the plus side; Details.
- Why you're late and what to do about it. // U.S. News & World Report;6/9/86, Vol. 100 Issue 23, p78
Interview. Q & A format. Dr. Alexander Thomas has identified personality traits that are likely to make a person late from birth to adulthood.