Medicaid coverage of prenatal care expanded in most cases
- High court rules on payer tax. Sorosiak, Camille // AHA News;10/2/95, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p2
Reports that self-insured health care payers in Connecticut must pay hospital-bill taxes. United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that self-insured plans are not preempted by the Employee Retirement Security Act; Claim of the New England Health Care employees Union Local 1199 that...
- Health care blueprint. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/27/94, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p29
Discusses the contents of article 42 of the constitution of the defunct Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. Assertion that this article's guarantee of health care as a right is strangely reminiscent of the rhetoric being voiced the health care debate in Canada.
- Medical savings accounts: Now's good time to sign up. Klein, Sarah // Orange County Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p17
Focuses on federally legislated tax benefits for health insurance coverage and its advantages for self-employed workers and employees of small businesses. Description of what the legislation allows the employees to do; Examination of the idea behind the law; Opposition to the law.
- A model partnership. B-J.C. // Hastings Center Report;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p2
Examines the five-year pilot project which offers affordable insurance coverage for long-term care launched in the state of Connecticut. Residents able to purchase private insurance for long-term care protecting their assets while allowing qualification for Medicaid; Policies geared to those...
- Gridlock on the Oregon trail. Campbell, Courtney S. // Hastings Center Report;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p6
State that gridlock, partisan politics, empty wallet, and the blame game have surfaced recently in the state of Oregon and brought efforts to implement the controversial Oregon Health Plan (OHP) to a virtual standstill. How a March 19, 1993 decision was greeted; How the Bush administration...
- Why U.S. health care reform is so difficult. Achenbaum, W. Andrew // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p23
Discusses the difficulty of achieving health care reform in the United States. Why promoting `the general welfare' is difficult in a country where progress is measured incrementally; Provisions of the Social Security Act of 1935; The Kerr-Mills Act (1960); Medicaid and Medicare; 1972 Social...
- Business keeps heat on Clinton plan. Wagner, Lynn // Modern Healthcare;2/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p33
Reports on business groups' opposition to President Bill Clinton's plan to require employers to pay 80 percent of workers' health insurance costs. National Federation of Independent Businesses president John Motley on the plan; Report by Employment Policies Institute supporting the contention...
- Health insurance's changing landscape. May, John // BusinessWest;Dec94, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p22
Reports on health insurance policy changes in Massachusetts. Encouragement of healthcare competition by the state legislature; Improvement on health care businesses; Consumer benefits; Legal provisions.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton takes the lead. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar93, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the White House Task on Health Care Reform, chaired by Hillary Clinton. Members; Conference organized by senator Harris Wofford; Absence of health care analysts in policymaking; Statement of the American Health Care Association on long-term care insurance; Principal leaders in health...