Sex and the married Catholic: The shadow of St. Augustine
Tags: SEXUAL ethics
- Sex in the forbidden zone. Rutter, P. // Psychology Today;Oct89, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p34
Presents a psychiatrist's revealing analysis of how the sexual fantasies of male professionals such as doctors, therapists, or pastors', can have a shattering effect on the women who trust them. INSET: Maintaining the boundaries..
- Sexuality & Christianity. // U.S. Catholic;Feb85, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p26
An interview with Dr. James B. Nelson, professor of Christian ethics and author of `Between Two Gardens: Reflections on Sexuality and Religious Experience.' Nelson insists Christianity does have many healthy things to say about men, women and sex.
- Clergy and sexuality. // Christian Century;3/7/90, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p240
Reports on a study revealing the frequency of sexual contact between clergy and parishioners. Intimacy; Friendship between clergy and parishioners; `Fishbowl' life.
- Sexual Congress: The Presbyterian debate. Heim, D. // Christian Century;6/26/91, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p643
Editorial. Discusses the controversy over the Presbyterian Church's (U.S.A.) report on sexuality. Storm of protest over the report; Testimony by gays and lesbians concerning the report; Comments from the chief authors of the report; Decisive rejection of the report; Importance of form in...
- Reuniting sexuality and spirituality. // Christian Century;2/25/87, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p187
No abstract available.
- Appropriate vulnerability: A sexual ethic for singles. Lebacqz, K. // Christian Century;5/6/87, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p435
Part III. Presents a biblically based alternative to legalistic and permissive approaches to a sexual ethic for singles. Christian tradition; Vulnerability and sexuality; The nature of being single.
- `Safe sex.' Robinson, A. // Christian Century;6/17/87 - 6/24/87, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p550
Editorial. Sex is never risk-free, says Mr. Robinson, a minister for the United Church of Christ in Honolulu, Hawaii. Casual sex is not wrong in itself but problematic because of the mixed messages it conveys. Sex is a gift that entails responsibility.
- Roman Catholic sexual ethics: A dissenting view. Curran, C.E. // Christian Century;12/16/87, Vol. 104 Issue 37, p1139
Argues that issues of sexual morality are among the most vital topics of debate and concern within the Roman Catholic Church today. Great discrepancy between Catholic teaching and Catholic practice.
- Sleeping like spoons. Milhaven, J.G. // Commonweal;4/7/89, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p205
Discusses what is good about bodiliness in the light of Christian theology and everyday human experience. Eros; Embodiment. Written as an essay/dialogue.