Nielsen vs. IRI: Battle of the research titans
- IRI, Nielsen flex software at FMI. Whalen, Jeanne // Advertising Age;5/9/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 20, p60
Reports on Information Resources Inc. (IRI) and Nielsen Marketing Research's unveiling of software products at the Food Marketing Institute show. IRI's DataServer Analyzer for Windows; Nielsen's Solution System.
- Playing Web Catch-Up. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;04/17/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p8
Deals with alliances in the media research industry that aim to establish an Internet audience-ratings standard. Partnership of Nielsen NetRatings with Spectra; Alliance between Media Metrix and Information Resources Inc.
- The value of competition. // Advertising Age;1/29/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p16
Opinion. Questions the rationale behind barring the merger between Nielsen Marketing Research and the Information Resources Inc. Concerns over its thin margin of profit; Marketers' need to prepare for price hikes.
- IRI picks up more business from Nielsen. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;7/19/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 30, p31
Reports on Information Resources Incorporated's replacement of Nielsen Marketing Research as the primary supplier of market information and software services to Warner-Lambert Company. Clients; Share in point-of-purchase scanner market; Alliance with Hal Riney & Partner's Chicago office.
- Information Resources Inc. Scott, Chris // Crain's Chicago Business;9/4/95, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Information Resources Inc.'s lauding of a ruling by Canada's Competition Tribunal, that ordered rival Nielsen Marketing Research to give up exclusive access to Canadian grocery and drug stores.
- Garrick shock: IRI hi, Nielsen bye bye. Liesse, Julie // Advertising Age;11/8/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 47, p2
Reports on George Garrick's transfer from Nielsen Marketing Research USA to Information Resources Inc. (IRI) North America as president and chief executive officer. Responsibilities at the IRI; IRI's approach to Garrick as sign of determination to keep momentum in the American research business.
- MEDIA: briefs. HERNÁNDEZ, GINA M. // Caribbean Business;4/15/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p42
The article offers news briefs related to mass media in Puerto Rico including the launch of services in Puerto Rico by Nielsen Co., a marketing and media information analysis company, and the sales growth of SBS Puerto Rico.
- Nielsen report writer gains OLE 2.0 support. // PC Week;4/25/94, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p46
Reports on Nielsen Marketing Research's introduction of Version 2.0 of its Nielsen Report Writer software. Support for the company's Object Linking and Embedding 2.0 software; Features; Capabilities; Contact information.
- Report Writer offers apps with OLE 2.0 custom automation. Barney, Doug // InfoWorld;4/18/94, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p23
Reports on Nielson Marketing Research's introduction of version 2.0 of Report Writer. Features of the software; Intended users; Compatibility with IBM's DB2, Microsoft Access, Sybase SQL Server and Oracle; Requirement of InFact Workstation for proper usage.