Novella peas need no support and taste great
- Grow Southern peas... // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan93, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p50
Shows how to grow tasty and nutritious blackeyes, cowpeas, and crowders from Mississippi to Minnesota. How Southern peas are easy to grow from USDA hardiness zones 4 to 10; First come the flowers; Pea-ventative measures; Southern peas for your pot; Details. INSET: Sorting out Southern peas;...
- New kids on the block, y'all. Damsker, Matt; Poncavage, Joanna // Organic Gardening (08973792);Mar93, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p21
Encourages potential pea-lovers to be on the lookout for Genegreen, a new black-eye variety bred at the Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station at Auburn University. Unique green seedcoat that stays green until dry and is resistant to the most serious of Southern pea disease; Growth habit;...
- Grow a snowpea surplus! Meyer, Scott // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan96, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p54
Discusses snowpea varieties and planting techniques. Varieties including Oregon Sugar Pod, Dwarf White Sugar, and Short N' Sweet; Techniques for planting for high yield; Harvesting.
- Drop test picks out best peas for soggy soil. Cremers, Hayo Canter // New Scientist;3/6/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1863, p20
Reports on research by Dutch scientist Joost van der Burg of the Centre for Plant Breeding and Reproduction Research in Wageningen on a drop test for selecting the most suitable peas for sowing in the Netherlands. Best conditions for germination; Study findings; His prototype pea analyzer.
- These peas are a snap! PLEASANT, BARBARA // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan95, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p66
Focuses on the growing of snap peas in the United States. Varieties; Seed selection; Planting techniques; Care and harvesting. INSETS: Snow pea power!.;To trellis or not to trellis?..
- Pass the peas, please. Bender, Steve // Southern Living;Jul93, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p53
Provides information on the different types of Southern peas and their cultivation. Individual peas; Black-eyed peas; Crowder peas; Purple hull peas; Recommended selections for planting in the South; Cream peas; Lady peas; Gardening tips.
- Plant a perfect patch of peas. Pleasant, Barbara // Organic Gardening (08973792);Dec96, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p24
Discusses growing of peas. Ideal weather for growing peas; Types of peas; Preparations for planting; Location of planting; Determining the right time of picking. INSETS: Stick 'em up (tips), by B.P.;All about inoculation (information), by B.P..
- Pea fences. Clark, Edie // Yankee;May96, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on pea fences, which are also known as trellises or ladders. Construction of a pea fence; What to do with the fences after pea season in July.
- Kossoff on... waking up to big business. Kossoff, Leslie // Horticulture Week;3/5/2010, p17
In this article, the author discusses the behaviour and decision of large corporations to cancel its contracts with 180 pea growers in Norfolk and Suffolk, England.