Metal balls settle out-of-court disputes
- Vehicle frames bonded together under electromagnetic impulse. // Professional Engineering;01/14/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p40
No abstract available.
- Electromagnetic simulation. // Machine Design;01/15/98, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p144
Presents information on Emas V 4.0 form Ansoft Corporation. Functions of Emas; Benefits of its use to users.
- Electro magnetic fields. Cunningham, A.M. // Popular Science;Dec91, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p86
Offers an update on the latest research into the possible carcinogenic effects of electromagnetic fields (EMF). Why science is so slow providing answers; How researchers are trying to pinpoint ways in which EMFs may cause cancer. INSET: The controversial science of EMF research.;How to limit...
- Compact range facility aids work in electromagnetics. Odendaal, Wimpie // South African Journal of Science;Apr97, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p199
Reports on the development of advanced computational abilities in various aspects of electromagnetics. Design of various antennas; Analysis of passive microwave components; Prediction of the radar cross sections of complex geometries.
- Electromagnetic levitator. Williams, David // Electronics Now;Feb96, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p33
Reports that magnetism and a closed-loop control system are the secrets to the presentation produced by this elecromagnetic levitator. Basics of closed-loop control discussed.
- All aboard! // Science Teacher;Sep92, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the work on magnetic levitation (maglev) transportation that scientists in the United States are looking forward to working on buoyed by the prospect of $725 million in federal funding. Prototype should be ready by the year 2000; This system is being perfected in Germany and Japan;...
- Interference pattern of a coherent electron beam by localized leakage magnetic field. Park, Jeong Young; Kim, S. H.; Park, W. G.; Kuk, Y. // Applied Physics Letters;03/19/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p1745
We report on the origin of interference patterns at the edge of nanometer-scale Co protrusions observed by low-energy electron point source (LEEPS) microscopy. We find evidence that those interference patterns are due to the phase shift of a coherent electron beam by a localized magnetic field....
- A full mode set electromagnetic stability analysis of magnetically insulated ion diodes. Lemke, R.W.; Slutz, S.A. // Physics of Plasmas;Feb95, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p549
Analyzes the stability of magnetically insulated ion diodes which includes electromagnetic perturbations both parallel and perpendicular to the applied magnetic field. Modified two-stream instability; Fast growing, low-phase velocity mode; Low frequency mode observed in three-dimensional...
- EMC testing settles into its stride. Desposito, Joseph // Electronic Design;05/13/98, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p83
Provides an overview of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing. Necessity for products to meet standards for electromagnetic emissions and immunity; Availability of EMC precompliance test equipment; Components of a precertification system controlled by software; Changes in EMC standards...