The Lady Macbeth of Little Rock
- A DIFFERENT KIND OF FREEDOM. Fish, Isaac Stone // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);2/1/2010 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 155 Issue 5, p9
This article reports that China is trying to sustain its economic growth while controlling Internet use and political freedoms, in spite of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's encouragement to do otherwise.
- Make up your mind. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/13/94, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p12
Comments on Hillary Clinton's statement before the American Bar Association in 1992 that `As women and as lawyers, we must never again shy away from raising our voices against sexual harassment.' Why Mrs. Clinton is being hypocritical on this issue of sexual harassment.
- People who disagree about abortion should unite. McLaughlin, Abraham; Siems, Shelby // Christian Science Monitor;7/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 171, p2
Focuses on Hillary Rodham Clinton's views regarding abortion as written by her in a newspaper column.
- First Lady prefers local reporters to White House press corps. Stein, M.L. // Editor & Publisher;5/7/94, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p16
Reports on First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton's preference to be interviewed by local and regional reporters rather than the White House press corps. Preparedness of hometown journalists; Questions by local and regional reporters as more substantive and penetrating; Clinton's better...
- In politics, no one can hear you scream. Marcus, Greil // Esquire;Jan1999, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on how first lady Hillary Clinton delivered a speech in front of a crowd in the United States in fall 1998. Topics which she stressed; Criticisms on how she delivered the speech; What Hillary's speech revealed.
- Hillary's New York Minuet. Simendinger, Alexis // National Journal;2/20/99, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p482
Comments on the plan of Hillary Clinton, wife of United States (US) President Bill Clinton, to seek a senatorial seat in New York in the year 2000 election. Prospect for Hillary Clinton to win the US Senate seat in New York; Her comments on the issue; Comments from several politicians.
- Hillary Clinton speaks out on women's rights. // Off Our Backs;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p4
Reports that United States First Lady Hillary Clinton spoke about the suffering of women in Algeria and Afghanistan during her trip to North Africa. Abuses of Muslim rebels against women in Algeria; Severe restrictions the Taliban placed on women in Afghanistan.
- Hillary Beats Drum Against School Choice. Feder, Don // Human Events;02/18/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p21
Observes that New York Senate candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton's opposition to the school vouchers program is meant to keep teachers' unions happy and provide her the votes she need in the coming elections. Education of Hillary's daughter Chelsea; Success of the voucher program in Cleveland,...
- Hillary Watch. // Human Events;04/23/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p19
Looks at the activities and pronouncements of United States Senator Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.). Author she commissioned to write her story; Her denial about the rumors that she will run for president in 2004; Her views on campaign finance reform.