The Lady Macbeth of Little Rock
- A DIFFERENT KIND OF FREEDOM. Fish, Isaac Stone // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);2/1/2010 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 155 Issue 5, p9
This article reports that China is trying to sustain its economic growth while controlling Internet use and political freedoms, in spite of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's encouragement to do otherwise.
- Make up your mind. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/13/94, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p12
Comments on Hillary Clinton's statement before the American Bar Association in 1992 that `As women and as lawyers, we must never again shy away from raising our voices against sexual harassment.' Why Mrs. Clinton is being hypocritical on this issue of sexual harassment.
- In politics, no one can hear you scream. Marcus, Greil // Esquire;Jan1999, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on how first lady Hillary Clinton delivered a speech in front of a crowd in the United States in fall 1998. Topics which she stressed; Criticisms on how she delivered the speech; What Hillary's speech revealed.
- Hillary's New York Minuet. Simendinger, Alexis // National Journal;2/20/99, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p482
Comments on the plan of Hillary Clinton, wife of United States (US) President Bill Clinton, to seek a senatorial seat in New York in the year 2000 election. Prospect for Hillary Clinton to win the US Senate seat in New York; Her comments on the issue; Comments from several politicians.
- Hillary Beats Drum Against School Choice. Feder, Don // Human Events;02/18/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p21
Observes that New York Senate candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton's opposition to the school vouchers program is meant to keep teachers' unions happy and provide her the votes she need in the coming elections. Education of Hillary's daughter Chelsea; Success of the voucher program in Cleveland,...
- Hillary Watch. // Human Events;04/23/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p19
Looks at the activities and pronouncements of United States Senator Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.). Author she commissioned to write her story; Her denial about the rumors that she will run for president in 2004; Her views on campaign finance reform.
- Reinventing Hillary. Pooley, Eric; Blackman, Ann // Time;12/2/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 25, p37
Examines comments made by United States first lady Hillary Clinton while she accompanied President Bill Clinton on his November 1996 trip to Australia. The role she hopes to fill in the attempts to reform the US welfare system; Her downplaying of her own role during the 1996 campaign; Her...
- Slips on the paper trail. Stengel, Richard; Carney, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);01/15/96, Issue 3, p51
Presents information on Hilary Rodham Clinton in relation to her problems in public relations. Background information on Clinton; Reference to Vincent Foster, lawyer for the White House; Reference to David Kendall, Clinton's lawyer; Comments from Alfonse D'Amato, Republican Senator.
- National obsession with sex sets bad example for youth, says first lady. // Jet;07/03/95, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p27
Reports on the views of Hillary Rodham Clinton, first lady of the United States, on the cause of the increase in sexual activity among young people in the US. How sex is portrayed; Lack of communication seen by parents with children on the subject of sex; Comments from Clinton.