The RANGE EXCHANGE
Tags: PEOPLE with disabilities
- Picture this�. // Learning Disability Today;Dec2008, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p8
Photographs of the highlights of the Learning Disability Today London exhibition 2008 are presented.
- Other resources. Parr, Amy N. // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p40
Presents information and assistive devices that can assist persons with disabilities in their everyday living. Database containing information on products for disabled people; Gadgets, gizmos and thingamabobs; Design and construction of homes.
- Rehabilitation services for people with disabilities in rural America. // American Rehabilitation;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, preceding p2
Presents a commentary by Nell C. Carney that offers a look at rehabilitation services for people with disabilities in rural America. Her own experience of having a disability and growing up on a farm; Rehabilitation counselor; Significant role ofassistive technology; Possibilities for business...
- The role of independent living centers in delivering rehabilitation services to rural communities. Nosek, M.A.; Howland, C.A. // American Rehabilitation;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p2
Offers a look at the role of independent living centers in delivering rehabilitation services to rural communities. Barriers to rural independent living; Unavailability of personal assistance; Options for delivering independent living services in rural communities; Conclusion.
- Providing vocational rehabilitation services in Pacific Island communities: Myth and Reality. Fitzgerald, M.H.; Anderson, D. // American Rehabilitation;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p7
Offers a look at the challenges faced when providing vocational rehabilitation services in Pacific Island communities. Drawing on the experience of people knowledgeable about these communities; Examples of different cases; Cases involving transportation; Service delivery issues; Cultural...
- Innovations in rural independent living. Mathews-Berenson, M. // American Rehabilitation;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p11
Offers a look at the Innovations in Rural Independent Living Project which involves a collaborative effort by the University of Kansas, the Research and Training Center on Rural Rehabilitation Services and the Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living. What it was designed for;...
- Involving consumers and service providers in shaping a rural rehabilitation agenda. Jackson, K.O.; Seekins, T.W. // American Rehabilitation;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p23
Presents a consumer-oriented approach to shaping an agenda for rural rehabilitation and independent living. Rural rehabilitation; Identifying rural issues and needs; Dimensions of transitions; Assessing rural needs; Developing an agenda for rural services; Restructuring services; Enhancing...
- Rural issues in rehabilitation service delivery. Larsen, C.O.; Foley, J.C. // American Rehabilitation;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p30
Presents a study in abbreviated form that attempts to isolate issues which might impact the outcome of rehabilitation programs when implemented in rural areas. The Goodwill server; `Rural' communities; Employment in rural areas; Diversity in industry; Rural versus urban services; Funding...
- Vocational rehabilitation in rural America: Challenges and opportunities. Rojewski, J.W. // American Rehabilitation;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p39
Examines issues concerning vocational service to people with disabilities who live in rural communities. Definition and characteristics; Differences in rural urban vocational rehabilitation; Challenges facing rural habilitation; Service delivery alternatives for rural areas; Recommendations and...