Schools for scandal
Tags: TECHNICAL education
- Controversial Construction Prep Center Graduates First Students. // Community College Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p10
Reports on the first commencement exercise at Construction Prep Center in Saint Louis, Missouri in August 2000. Idea behind the center; Course offered; Information on the first class of graduates.
- The role of the technical university in area economic development: A review and appraisal. Susman, N. Bradley // Economic Development Review;Winter90, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p25
Discusses the role of technical universities in area economic development in the United States. Changes in total employment ratios for four-year intervals before and after accreditation of engineering programs; Constant dollar earnings per worker ratios; Advanced technology employment ratios.
- Voters Back Tech Center In Muskegon. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p20
Reports on a drive to build a technical education center in Muskegon County, Michigan. Formulation of courses for the center; Property tax levy.
- Largest Indiana Technical Education Programs. Cullather, Sarah; Stacy, Terri // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p22
Presents a chart related to the largest Indiana technical education programs ranked by spring 2003 Indiana enrollment.
- Give priority to LI's need for young brainpower. Townsend, Paul // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/24/98, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p31A
Opinion. Urges priority for Long Island, New York's need for young intelligent workforce. Complaints about unionized teachers; Emigration of the island's high school graduates; Percentage of the graduates who require remedial reading; Long Island's economic conditions; Extension of the state's...
- Tech prep evolves in Indiana. Suba, Tony; Adcock, Rick // Tech Directions;Jan95, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p13
Reports on technology preparation in Indiana based on the requirement of Indiana Public Law 271-1987 to develop technology preparation curriculum models. Appointment of task force to design and approve curriculum models; Legislative requirements; Purposes of technology preparation curriculum;...
- The same old questions. Frabott, Mickey // Tech Directions;Jan95, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p42
Offers advise to technical education teachers on how to have ready reference materials for classroom use.
- What makes an activity a technology activity? Foster, Patrick // Tech Directions;Mar95, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p28
Presents a checklist for determining the qualities necessary in technology activities for classrooms.
- Who's drivin' the bus? Bamford, Paul J. // Tech Directions;May95, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p4
Emphasizes on the role of technical schools and educators in preparing their students for the demand of business and industry. Issues of funding the programs; Vendors' influence in the curriculum for technology; Demands for better entry-level employees; Competitiveness in the global economy.
- Update. // Tech Directions;May95, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p17
Presents an update concerning technical education awards in the United States as of August 15, 1995. Awards that will be sponsored by the North American Council of Automotive Teachers (NACAT) Foundation in 1995; Group of students from Michigan-based Eisenhower High School as the national...