Battle stations for booksellers!
- Book notes: Military history. Ruffner, Kevin Conley; Moreland, Kim // American Studies International;Apr91, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p98
Reviews the book `The Civil War,' by Ken Burns.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, G. // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 31, p66
Reviews the book `The Civil War: An Illustrated History,` by Geoffrey C. Ward with Ken Burns and Ric Burns.
- The Civil War: A Treasury Of Art And Literature Witkoski, Michael // Magill Book Reviews;
A beautifully illustrated and carefully selected collection of contemporary views of the American Civil War, mingled with la ter reflections on the conflict.
- Books: Noted by the editors. // Antioch Review;Spring91, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p305
Reviews the book `The Civil War,' by Geoffrey C. Ward.
- Book reviews: Social sciences. Miller, R.M. // Library Journal;9/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 14, p236
Reviews the book `The Civil War: An Illustrated History,` by Geoffrey C. Ward with Ken Burns & Ric Burns.
- For Kathy Benson, and in fond memory of James Haskins. // Drama of African-American History: Group 1;2007, Special section 3 pIV
People who the author would like to thank for their assistance in the creation of the book "The Civil War" are mentioned.
- The Civil War (Book Review). Miller, Randall M. // Library Journal;9/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p62
Reviews the book 'The Civil War: An Illustrated History,' by Geoffrey C. Ward.
- Measures of Devotion. HUBBARD, PAUL // National Review;12/17/1990, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p51
Reviews the book "The Civil War: An Illustrated History," by Geoffrey C. Ward.
- The Power of Word of Mouth. Rawlinson, Nora // Library Journal;9/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 15, p6
This article discusses the method used by the American Booksellers Association (ABA) to promote books. The ABA set out to prove that a book can be sold by a very old-fashioned, labor-intensive, and not easily predictable method: personal recommendations by booksellers. The fact that the book...