They Wouldn't Hire Smokers--Or Chewers
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Jul2011, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p5
The article presents questions and answers related to human resource management including screening applicants through requiring them to leave a recorded message, sending a condolence card to an employee who has a death in the family, and arranging workers' hours to avoid overtime.
- The Mailbag. Ritter, David B. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;May2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to human resource management, including how to handle inquiries about age during a background check, whether it is appropriate to base the hiring on someone's photograph, and can employees be forced to use their vacation days as part of military...
- Recruitment process outsourcing. Simpson, Lyndsey // Director;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p13
The article presents questions and answers about recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), noting RPO is when a company contracts out some or all of its hiring practice.
- discussions online…. // Personnel Today;5/15/2007, p13
The article presents questions and answers related to human resource management. One person asked on guidelines on how to ask an applicant in half an hour to an hour for competency-based interview and traditional interview. Another reader ask on the male-female ratio of employees and the...
- Benefits Plan Eligibility, H-1B Visas, Job Offers. Lau, Shari; Neal, Vicki; Albright, Lesa // HR Magazine;Feb2007, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p41
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management. A person asks if it is permissible to hire someone above the pay that the company would normally offer but deny the person health insurance benefits. Another asks about the transfer of a candidate's H-1B visa from his...
- PR portfolios: Putting your best work forward. Walton, Susan Balcom // Public Relations Tactics;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to making job portfolios, which include what would the employer want to know about the applicant through the listings, the things to be included in the portfolio and how to present its content.
- expert's view... selling yourself. Weinberg, Grant // Personnel Today;8/11/2009, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to human resource (HR) management which include biggest challenges in locating business management's jobs, and things that one should avoid during interviews.
- Placements and The Law. Allen, Jeffrey G. // Fordyce Letter;Dec2009, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to placements including the legality of re-recruiting a placed candidate, the qualification of an individual for a placement fee and the effectiveness of referral periods.
- Junior's seniority makes him the choice for the job. // Plant Engineering;Jun2005, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p28
Presents a question and answer advisory on personnel management. Role of seniority in the appointment of an employee; Consideration of seniority as a controlling factor in awarding promotions where the ability to do the job and physical fitness are relatively equal under the labor agreement;...