The Cutting Edge of Benefit Cost Control
- Escape from Pleasantville: This is not your grandpa's pension. Duff, Susanna // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p51
Discusses ways for employers to change their strategies in managing the pension plans of their employees. Alignment of pension plans with employee benefits; Pension plan strategy that would complement over-all business goals; Changes in pension plans through legislation.
- Nationwide to discuss evolution of pay strategy. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;9/22/2014, p5
The article offers information on a session on pay strategy to be held during the Employee Benefits Live on September 24-25, 2014 at Olympia National in London, England.
- THIS MONTH. // Employee Benefits;Jun2007, p5
The article presents two handy guides concerning the concept of employee fringe benefits in Great Britain. It includes "Employee Engagement," which deals on how to boost interest in the benefits on offer from pensions through to all-employee share schemes. Another is "How to evaluate pensions,"...
- Employees learn to value their pensions. // Employee Benefits;Nov2003, p9
Reports on the result of a survey, which shows that staff are appreciating the worth of their occupational pensions. Percentage of employers who said that pension was the benefit that staff wasted above all other benefits; Description of company's efforts in raising staff awareness of the value...
- In brief. // Employee Benefits;Apr2004, p12
Reports developments related to employee benefits in Great Britain as of April 2004. Absence of governance policy in some pension scheme; Average cost of pension schemes; Simplification process of pension schemes in Great Britain.
- All sides want flexibility but staff may not realise who's paying. O'Donovan, Debi // Employee Benefits;Apr2004, p3
Discusses about expression flexible benefits in Great Britain. History of flexible benefits; Perception of employees on expression flexible benefits; Flexibility of schemes.
- It's time to embrace industry funds. Mason, Russell // Money Management;4/5/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p38
The article focuses on the increasing demand of industry funds in the insurance and benefits market in Australia. It mentions the changes made to the industry funds after its establishment in the late 1980's. It also offers information on the offerings provided by industry funds for its members...
- Compulsory contributions delayed. // People Management;5/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p9
The article reports on the delay of controversial requirements forcing companies to match employees' pension contributions, in the pensions white paper in Great Britain, due in May 2006. The vital clauses in Lord Turner's suggested reforms concern the National Pensions Saving Scheme, where...
- New thinking required. Rowlands, Mark // Employee Benefits;Aug2008, Special section p2
The author reflects on the result of the pensions survey of employers in Great Britain. According to the author, employers need to go beyond conventional educational in the workplace to get the pensions message across to employees. It is said the new thinking is required to meet employers'...