Cisco's Homegrown Gamble
- Cisco turns the Internet inside (and) out. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Oct96, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p28
Features innovations in human resources (HR) management, developed by Cisco Systems Inc. Technology base of the human resources department at Cisco; Cisco's optimal use of the Internet for its HR department; Employee recruitment using the World Wide Web. INSETS: Cisco's advice on what makes a...
- Cisco Systems' HR is wired for success. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jan96, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p59
Profiles Cisco Systems Company, one of the companies sited for the Personnel Journal Optimas Award. Background history. INSET: Innovation..
- Wired and Inspired. // Training & Development;May2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p46
Profiles Colleen Peterson, manager of learning and development at San Jose, California-based Cisco Systems Inc. Roles and responsibilities; Challenges faced in employee training and development; Accomplishments in the field of human resource and development; Personal background; Career history.
- Incentives plan to boost Cisco green agenda. // Personnel Today;2/24/2009, p2
The article reports on the new incentive plan of Cisco Systems Inc.'s Great Britain's branch for its employees under which those employees who use greener company cars or preventative healthcare schemes could get extra cash rewards. Company's human resources (HR) director Charlie Johnston says...
- Cisco ushers in workforce-efficiency pack. Nelson, Matthew // InfoWorld;03/29/99, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p26
Introduces the Workforce Optimization, a worker-efficiency software developed by Cisco Systems company. Features of the software; Partnerships of Cisco with application vendors.
- Cisco explores ups and downs of e-HR. // People Management;7/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p13
Examines the advantages and disadvantages of maintaining an electronic-human resource (e-HR) system. Benefits of the e-HR system of Cisco Systems to the operations of the company; Significance of the online system on the recruitment of employees.
- WHY STAFF ENGAGEMENT IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT WHEN TIMES GET TOUGH. Austin, Jonathan // People Management;10/16/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p16
The author reflects on the decision of Cisco to re-hire its former employees. He claimed that such decision illustrates the effort of Cisco to live up its status as the Best Company in Great Britain. He argued that during tough times, companies should focus on staff engagement and treat...
- Quality Hires. Salzwedel, David // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Advises executives on hiring the best job applicants. Use of an automated assessment tools; Asking of candidates to write a one-page report on some aspect of a certain business or industry that will force them to do some research.
- Look Right Look Left Recruit! Doyle, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p17
Presents advice on employee selection and management. Standardization of the hiring process; Documentation needed from applicants; Use of structured and competency-based interviewing; Guide to effective interview questioning; Reference checking; Performance management; Response to results of...