Simple Rules for Workplace Harmony
- When Offsite Behavior Clashes With Company Values. // Workforce;May97, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p105
Comments on the relationship of employees and employers. Evaluation of employee-employer conflicts in the workplace; Emphasis on the compliance of employees with company values; Legal concerns on industrial conflicts.
- IR and HR perspectives on workplace conflict. Lewin, David // Human Resource Management Review;Winter2001, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p453
Analyzes industrial relations (IR) and human resource (HR) perspectives on conflict in the employment relationship. IR and HR premises about the employment relationship; Empirical evidence about IR and HR perspectives on conflict; Lessons from IR and HR perspectives on conflict.
- Managing employee conflicts. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p16
Offers advice for executives on how to resolve personality conflicts in the workplace. Average time spent by executives in resolving employee conflicts; Employees' adoption of a problem-solving attitude when discussing sensitive issues.
- My Way Or The Highway? Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar2002, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p110
Presents tips in managing workers. Approach in preventing quarrels; How to prevent workplace conflict.
- Watch for Friction Between Older, Younger Employees. Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;Dec2002, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p14
Provides tips on the management of conflict between older and younger employees in the workplace. Determination of factors in age conflict; Development of brainstorming sessions; Recognition of individuals' strong points.
- SHERLOCK. // People Management;Jan2016, p62
The article presents a human resource (HR) situation of communication problems between an employee and his employer that left the employee feeling deflated.
- Smooth conflict resolution depends on views of power, rights, interests. Noll, Douglas E. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/19/99, Issue 322487, p7
Discusses ways to analyze a conflict which can lead to solutions. Determination of power struggle between parties in conflict; Rights enforcement; Satisfaction of interests; Definition of injustices suffered by parties involved in a conflict; How to manage an employee asserting rights against...
- There is a cost to the conflict within an organization. Adkins, Ben // Fort Worth Business Press;6/20/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p9
Provides guidelines on how business organizations should deal with workplace conflict. Negative consequences of workplace conflict; Ways on how people can manage their differences and create positive outcomes for themselves and their organizations; Basic skills of conflict resolution.
- Which road do you take in an office conflict? Adkins, Ben // Fort Worth Business Press;7/11/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p9
Presents several approaches to resolve work conflicts. Effects of yelling and screaming on employees; Importance of controlling one's emotions; Use of listening skills in dealing with conflicts.