The Cost of Age Discrimination
- Pension schemes threatened by age laws. Bentley, Ross // Computer Weekly;10/14/2003, p74
Great Britain government plans to outlaw age discrimination in the workplace are so pitted with holes that they could force the closure of pension schemes and the removal of staff benefits by scores of employers. Employer bodies, including the Employers' Forum on Age, the Engineering Employers'...
- Ageism shall not worry them. // Super Review;Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p28
The article presents the author's opinion on the Financial Services Council's "Attitudes to Older Workers" which revealed that older workers in Australia who are earning around 75,000 to 80,000 dollars were more likely to have suffered age discrimination compared to those who are earning more.
- California high court rules age-based benefits bias is legal. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;7/1/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the decision of the Supreme Court to allow certain benefits for older workers in California. Enactment of the anti-bias statute of the state; Provisions of the Fair Employment and Housing Act; Prohibition of various forms of workplace discrimination.
- Older workers missed but not hired back. Aylsworth, Karen // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/02/97, Vol. 15 Issue 35, pB-3
Cites several myths on the reasons for not hiring older workers. Rigidity, inflexibility and irritability of older workers; Higher incidence of illness and accidents in older people.
- Age discrimination lawsuit usually not the best course of action. O'Donnell, Jeanine "J. T."; Dauten, Dale // Wentzville Journal;8/17/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 66, pE8
The article provides an answer to a question about a veteran employee who experienced age discrimination in employment.
- Intergenerational pay gap grows 50%. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;2/24/2014, p6
The article informs that, according to a report by the Intergenerational Foundation, pay gap between over 50s and under 21 has grown by 50 percent.
- Age before ability. Duff, Amy; Coleman, Alison // Director;Aug2000, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p16
Deals with the issue of age discrimination in employment. Organizations involved in the campaign against age discrimination in employment; Code of practice for age diversity in employment; Findings of a study on employment by Lombard Street Research.
- Older Job Seekers Can Overcome Age Bias. Culp, Mildred // San Diego Business Journal;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p49
Part II. Focuses on the age bias against older job seekers in the United States. Increasing number of older workers that art finding the job market more receptive to them than before; Untapped potential of older workers amidst the current labor shortage in the country; Tips for older workers...
- An Age-Old Problem. Barrier, Michael // HR Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the legal implications of employment trend for the elderly in the U.S. Pattern in age discrimination claims; Implications on employers; Discussion on possible judicial effects. INSET: A Battle Over Benefits.