Storm warning over Southeast Asia
Tags: CLIMATIC changes
- Way to go! O'Brien, Catherine // Alternatives Journal;Spring2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p35
No abstract available.
- Periglacial geomorphology Boardman, John // Progress in Physical Geography;Mar1991, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p77
No abstract available.
- Floods of the Guadalentin River, Southeast Spain. // CO2 Science;5/12/2010, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p5
This article discusses research being done on the impact of late Holocene climatic variability and changes in land use on the flood hydrology of the Guadalentin River in Spain.
- Middle and Southern Ural Mountains, Russia. // CO2 Science;5/26/2010, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p7
The article discusses research on climatic changes in the Urals in Russia from 800 Anno Domini (A.D.), referencing a study by D. Yu. Demezhko and I.V. Golovanova in a previous issue of "Climates of the Past," which revealed that surface temperatures in the Medieval Warm Period were 0.4�...
- Low-Frequency Modulation of the ENSO�Indian Monsoon Rainfall Relationship: Signal or Noise? Gershunov, Alexander; Schneider, Niklas; Barnett, Tim // Journal of Climate;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p2486
Running correlations between pairs of stochastic time series are typically characterized by low-frequency evolution. This simple result of sampling variability holds for climate time series but is not often recognized for being merely noise. As an example, this paper discusses the historical...
- Tropical Pacific Variability in the NCAR Climate System Model. Otto-Bliesner, Bette L.; Brady, Esther C. // Journal of Climate;Sep2001, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p3587
A 300-yr simulation with the NCAR Climate System Model (CSM), version 1, captured only ~60% of the observed ENSO signal and exaggerated the interannual variability of SST in the western tropical Pacific. Here, a simulation with a new version of the CSM, which significantly improves the spatial...
- Cracking Up. Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;3/1/2010, p1
A photograph showing the climate talks held in Copenhagen, Denmark is presented.
- New publications. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Nov96, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p2746
Reviews the book `Proceedings of the International Conference on Climate Dynamics and the Global Change Perspective,' by Barbara Obrebska-Starkel and Tadeusz Niedzwiedz.
- Educational affairs. Gowda, M.V. Rajeev; Fox, Jeffrey C. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Oct97, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p2232
Reports the results of a survey of high school students' knowledge and attitudes about climate change. Use of open-ended survey questions; Misconceptions concerning climate change; Factors influencing these misconceptions.
- Biological and physical signs of climate change: Focus on mosquito-borne diseases. Epstein, Paul R.; Diaz, Henry F.; Elias, Scott; Grabherr, Georg; Graham, Nicholas E.; Martens, Willem J. M.; Mosley-Thompson, Ellen; Susskind, Joel // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Mar1998, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p409
Presents a study on climate change, utilizing biological and physical data for detection. Methodology used to conduct study; Implications for public health; Details on mosquito-borne diseases; Indication of study.