Tax Hike Shot Down, Howard County, Md., Eyes GO Bonds to Fund Schools
- Fayetteville, Ark., Plans State's Most Expensive School, Pending Tax. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/7/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33144, p3
The article reports on the initiative of the city government of Fayetteville, Arkansas to establish the most expensive public school in the state. It notes that the trustees of Fayetteville School District No. 1 of Washington County show their support on the city's plan by voting unanimously to...
- School Construction in U.S. Tops $15 Billion. Keller, Bess // Education Week;02/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on the increase in public school construction in the United States. Amount spent for the construction in 1998; Planned construction for 1999; Reasons for the boom in public schools construction.
- Construction Starts on $104M High School. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p6
The article reports on the start of the construction of the Carlsbad Unified School District high school campus worth 104 million dollars in Carlsbad, California.
- Two School Buildings Are First in Series of Upgrades. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p6
The article reports on the completion of two additional buildings by Sweetwater Union High School District at Chula Vista Middle School in California.
- Opening Windows to Cutting-Edge Education. Pickering, Chris // Environmental Design & Construction;May2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p66
The article offers information on the Center for Energy Efficient Design (CEED), a Franklin County Public School in Rocky Mount, Virginia, designed and built according to Passive House standards by Structures Design/Built, and the country's first Passive House-certified public school structure.
- President's school construction plan debated. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;3/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p19
Reports on the debate on school construction plan in the United States. Structural problems of schools; Urging of districts to invest in construction and repairs.
- NEW SOUTH WALES SCHOOL DESIGN PROJECTS. // PEB Exchange;Feb2003, Issue 48, p13
Discusses the issues that affect the design of schools in New South Wales. Role of facilitators of learning; Energy management; Average electricity consumption in high schools.
- Future-proof schools. Van Horn, Royal // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep95, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p93
Suggests features that would increase the usefulness of schools and lessen its renovation costs. Space considerations; Electric supply; Lightning protection and bonding; Conduit; Computers.
- School qualifies for reimbursement. // American School & University;Jun99, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the construction of a Paramount Park School in California was the first design/build project in the state to be eligible for reimbursement from the Office of Public School Construction (OPSC). Details on the project; Number of students which can be accommodated in the school;...