Swap Specialist: Look at the Libor Alternative When Calculating Rates
- EuroBrokers closing muni derivatives operation; ex-official starts own firm. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;02/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30322, p37
Announces former EuroBrokers executive Peter Shapiro's establishment of a municipal derivatives firm called Swap Financial Group, based in South Orange, New Jersey. EuroBrokers' closure of its municipal derivatives operations; Services offered by the new firm to municipalities, government...
- N.Y C. Picks GO, Agency Swap Advisers. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32320, p6
The article reports on the selection of the Swap Financial Group LLC and the Investment Management Advisory Group Inc. by New York City to manage its general obligation credit. The terms of the contract are not yet finalized. The total notional amount of swaps outstanding for the city is three...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33638, p7
Several charts are presented which provide data from Municipal Market Data and Swap Financial Group LLC on the municipal swap index from January to December 2011, index-linked muni swaps, and bond yields vs. swap rates in the U.S.
- N.Y. MTA Taps Lamont, Swap Financial. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33321, p1
The article reports on the recommendation of New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) that Lamont Financial Services Corp. and Swap Financial Group LLC will replace Goldman Sachs & Co. as its financial swap adviser. According to MTA spokesman Aaron Donovan, the decision to drop...
- Be Wary Of Bid-Rigging, Players Warn. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32527, p1
The article reports in issues concerning deals where bids are rigged or yields are manipulated by the parties of the deal, discussed during the 4th Annual Metro Finance Conference of "The Bond Buyer" in the U.S. It was advised that bond issuers should take necessary measures to help guard...
- Swap Financial gets new managing director. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;04/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30375, p31
Focuses on the appointment of John Keenan as managing director of Swap Financial Group. Career background; Educational attainment.
- Derivatives Vet Singer Moves to Swap Financial From Bear. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32789, p6
The article announces that derivatives specialist Nat Singer has been hired by Swap Financial Group LLC as its partner and managing director.
- Swap Financial Tries Again to Become New York MTA's Derivatives Adviser. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p4
The article reports that Swap Financial Group LLC tries a second bid to become the derivatives adviser for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York.
- Philadelphia Hears Pitches in Search for Swap Adviser. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32037, p3
The article focuses on Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which moved one step further with its plans to find a new swap adviser when officials reportedly heard presentations from the group of finalists vying for the position. The city is looking for a swap adviser and a firm to provide services as swap...