Fitch Paints Bleak Picture of CCRC, Nursing Home Credits
- Long-Term Care: Fitch: CCRC Sector's 2002 Looking No Better Than 2001. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p31
Reports that according to U.S. rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc., the continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) sector in the U.S. will not be able to recover from the recession that it faced in 2001. Possibility of a decline in profitability and debt service coverage of the median financial...
- Fitch: Bad Times for CCRC Sector, With More to Come. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/30/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33192, p6
The article reports on a rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the continuing-care retirement communities (CCRC) in the U.S. According to the credit rating agency, a weak economy, slow housing market and too much variable-rate debt are expected to continue to trouble the CCRC. Fitch Ratings...
- CCRC ratings outlook is stable. Mongan, Emily // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Nov2015, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
The article discusses the Fitch Ratings report "2015 Median Ratios for Nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Communities," which highlighted stability of continuing care retirement communities in the U.S.
- Honolulu Retirement Facility Gets Ratings Bump on Debt. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;5/19/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34111, p1
The article informs the financial service firm Fitch Rating has upgraded the ratings of 71.3 million dollar in revenue bonds that was issued by the Hawaii Department of Budget & Finance. It mentions that Honolulu continuing care retirement community Kahala Nui's series 2012 bonds was revised...
- Fitch: CCRCs Face More Downgrades Than Upgrades. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p21
The article reports that continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in the U.S. are experiencing more rating declines than upgrades in 2009. The reasons behind are the limited access to capital, slower unit re-occupancy because of falling real estate values and largely reduced liquidity due...
- INDIANA: CCRC on Negative Watch. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32973, p9
The article reports on the negative watch assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the outstanding debt issued through the Indiana Health Facilities Financing Authority on behalf of retirement facility Marquette Manor in Indiana. The move comes as the continuing care retirement community (CCRC) plans...
- Deerfield Beach, Fla., Lowered by Fitch, While Other Municipalities Worry, Too. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p3
Reports the reduction in the designated debt ratings for the outstanding general obligation bonds of the city by Fitch Ratings company in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Increase in the spending pressures and delays by city commissioners; Decline in the fund balance of the city; Debt rating assigned...
- Fitch warns investors about last-ditch sale/leaseback financings. Sibayan, Karen // Private Placement Letter;2/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the warning issued by Fitch Ratings for investors who are planning to invest in sale/leaseback transactions in 2002.
- MICHIGAN: Positively Pontiac. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/25/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33652, p9
The article offers information on the positive outlook assigned by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to Pontiac, Michigan.