Fiscal 2003 Omnibus Spending Package Inches Toward Finish Line
- It's time to fish or cut bait following November elections. Brandon, Hembree // Southeast Farm Press;12/1/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p4
The article presents the author's views on the importance of reducing the spending of the U.S. government.
- Tight California Budget Leaves High-Speed Rail Project by Cash-Poor Wayside. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p36
Reports on the approval of legislative committee to only a part in funds for the Sacramento-based California High-Speed Rail Authority handling the proposed multi-billion dollar rail project. Plan of the authority to consider sale of bonds for financing the project; Possibility of a reduction...
- Patriotic Pork. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Discusses increase in the government spending of the United States. Information related to government spending towards weapons, foreign aid and domestic surveillance; Comments from several economists on the government spending of the country; Impact of World War II and 1991 Gulf War on the...
- How to get reelected. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p40
Presents Patricia Adams' remarks on how government leaders try to win public approval through expenditures rather than taxation. Difference between government spending and its tax revenues; Repercussions of printing or borrowing money.
- Clinton signs spending bill. O'Connell, Kim A. // National Parks;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 70 Issue 11/12, p18
Focuses on the ominibus appropriations bill signed by Uinted States' President Bill Clinton, before the fiscal year, 1997. Disputes over separate spending bills; What is provided by the bill.
- Statement on signing the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and... Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p1414
Presents the text of US President Bill Clinton's statement on signing the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 1997 on August 6, 1997. Amount of discretionary budget authority; Congressional action on funding for the Food...
- Crunch time here for budget. // Hill;3/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p18
The article offers information on the two spending packages as the subject of two hearings of the House and the Senate in the U.S. in 2011.
- How did they vote? // Hill;3/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p21
The article lists the result of the House vote to approve 4 billion dollars in spending cuts in the U.S. in 2011.
- Senate faces vote to raise debt ceiling beyond $12 trillion. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;9/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 98, p13
The article reports on the need for the U.S. Senate to move legislation to raise the federal debt limit beyond 12.1 trillion dollars by the middle of October 2009 which highlights the nation's record debt.
- Approps stall - Congress goes 0-12 on spending bills. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;9/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p1
The article reports that the annual appropriations bills for fiscal 2011 have yet to be cleared by lawmakers in the U.S.