Campaign launched to update laws
- Charity FDs issue reform plan. // Financial Management (14719185);Dec2003/Jan2004, p5
Announces the possible reorganization of the voluntary sector if recommendations are to be included in a statement of recommended practice currently being drafted by the Charity Commission. Specification of the recommendations created by the Charity Finance Directors' Group (CFDG); View of Les...
- LAW. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Dec1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1108, p25
Looks at the main provisions of the Charities Act of 1985 in Great Britain. Placement of obligations on trustees of local charities for the relief of the poor to submit their accounts to local authorities; Allowing of trustees of charities with outdated objectives to change to more appropriate...
- Small charities Bill seeks 'drastic overhaul'. // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p24
Reports on a House of Lords Select Committee's recommendation for a radical overhaul of the law governing parochial and small charities in Great Britain. Consideration of two private members bills; Problems identified by the bills.
- Charities' consolidation. // Accountancy;May93, Vol. 111 Issue 1197, p99
States that the Charities Bill introduced in Great Britain, consolidates the Charitable Trustees Incorporation Act of 1872 and the Charities Act of 1960.
- Charity law review. Rimmer, Abi // Third Sector;4/16/2013, Issue 748, p7
The article reports that Law Commission's review of the charity law has started in April 2013 and is expected to run until March 2014, which will comprise examination of issues related to the legal framework that is related to charities.
- Charity care funding bill criticized. J.G. // AHA News;5/13/96, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the criticism of the approved two-year charity care funding bill in New Jersey. Flaws of the bill according to state hospital association officials.
- New bill encourages charitable giving. // Nonprofit World;May/Jun98, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on the bill Charitable Giving Relief Act in the United States. Provision; Estimated increase in charities that could be generated through the help of the bill.
- Senate-Passed Care Act Includes Several Provisions Notable to Associations. // Association Management;May2003, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the provisions of Senate approved charitable giving legislation in the U.S. Deductibility of charitable donations by non-itemizers; Increase in the oversight of 501(c) organizations; Simplification of record keeping relating to the lobbying expenditures of charities.
- God in the box. Frame, Randy // Christianity Today;04/07/97, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the Republic Act 104 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 known as `Charitable Choice' in the United States. Its feature; Two premises that undergird the development and implementation of the charitable-choice concept; Charitable choice...