Information Visibility for OEMs and EMS Providers
- How the world works, Part II. Alderman, Ray // Electronic Design;03/08/99, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p98
Part II. Focuses on the importance of manufacturing process in the commodity electronic-equipment market. Characterization of the PC market using manufacturing trends; Integration of build-to-order relationships with contract manufacturers; Effectiveness of process or technology patent in...
- EMS News. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p26
Presents news briefs related to electronics manufacturing services as of June 2003. Establishment of the Lightspeed Manufacturing Inc. in Massachusetts; Phoenix, Arizona-based Suntron Corp.'s expansion of its Tijuana, Mexico facility; Elcoteq's acquisition of NPRC Inc.
- China: The "Wait and See" Approach. Johnson, Grant // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p29
Discusses the issues facing electronics manufacturers planning to do business in China. Mass exodus into China by most top-tier contract manufacturers; Benefits of manufacturing in China; World Trade Organization acceptance; Capitalist commitments by Beijing; Tax incentives.
- Cool products. Nass, Richard // Electronic Design;08/04/97, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p64T
Presents information on several products related to the electronic industry in the United States. Information on the Courier V.Everything/V.34 modem from U.S. Robotics; Details on Cross Pen Computing Corporation's stylus pen; NoiseBuster Extreme portable stereo headphones from Noise...
- E-Commerce security. // Inter@ctive Week;10/20/97, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p47
Presents information on products related to the electronic industry in the United States. Identification of the products; Pricing of the products; Suppliers of the products; Features of the products.
- OR in the electronics industry. Chien, Chen-Fu; G�nther, Hans-Otto // OR Spectrum;Jun2008, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p397
The article discusses reports about planning and control strategies in electronic manufacturing that are published within the issue.
- Electronics/electrical manufacturing still reeling from 2001. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;2/28/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p14
Looks at the performance of the electrical manufacturing sector in Puerto Rico in 2001. Comparison of revenue sales for 2001 and 2000; Efforts of some companies to mitigate the effects of a slower economy.
- Electronics manufacturing services soar, report finds. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/09/96, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p7
Reports on the increase in worldwide electronic manufacturing services in 1995. Survey by Berkeley, California-based Technology Forecasters Inc. Increase in contract manufacturing revenues between 1994 and 1995; Expansion of major contract manufacturers.
- The Evolution of Contract Manufacturing. SHEA, DAN // Electronic News;03/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2259, p38
Discusses the design for manufacturing (DFM) services in contract electronics manufacturing industry. What involves successful delivery of DFM services; Advantages offered.