Good Fences Make Good Neighbors
- When OEMs Outsource Too Much. Gordon, Pamela // Circuits Assembly;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on precautions taken by original equipment manufacturers (OEM) regarding outsource. Dangers of outsourcing; Role of manufacturing requirements in outsource decision of OEM; Impact of outsource on the market share of companies.
- Optical Manufacturing Services. Rao, Srinivas // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p40
Explores the trend towards the outsourcing of optical manufacturing services by original equipment manufacturers to electronics manufacturing services (EMS). Need for EMS to handle the demands of optical manufacturing; Design, manufacturing, test and repair services offered by EMS for optical...
- LONG-TERM SERVICE AGREEMENTS: TOP 10 CONTRACTUAL PITFALLS AND HOW TO AVOID THEM -- PART I. Thompson II, Richard E.; Yost, Jason B. // Power Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p56
Part I. Examines contractual pitfalls most commonly found in long-term service agreements in the power industry, and suggests appropriate means for avoiding them. Lack of a clearly defined scope of the original equipment manufacturer's responsibilities; Definition of extra work; Protection of...
- NEWS... // ECN: Electronic Component News;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p80
Reports on the purchasing of semiconductors by equipment manufacturers in the U.S. Reduction in the bottom line costs through outsourcing; Disadvantages of outsourcing; Analysis of the state of the electronics industry.
- Opera Mini Joins Hands with Indian Mobile OEMs. // Voice & Data;May2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the agreement signed by browser Opera Mini with seven mobile original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for the pre-installation of its mobile web browser on all the phablets, tablets and handsets of the OEMs in India.
- Gooch & Housego wins one million euro fibre laser component contract. // Electro Optics;Dec2012/Jan2013, Issue 229, p4
The article discusses the 1-million-euro contract won by Gooch & Housego with an original equipment manufacturer (EOM) in Europe for a range of fibre laser systems components including Fibre-Q's radio frequency (RF) drivers, laser pumps and acousto-optic (AO) modulators.
- Contract Manufacturing in MedTech. Fenske, Sean // Medical Design Technology;Sep2015, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p34
Statistics are given concerning the contract manufacturing in the medical device original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- Your LTSA Is Ending: What Should You Do? Yost, Jason; Thompson, Chip // Power Engineering;Nov2010, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p110
The article explores the issues to consider during the expiration of long term service agreement (LTSA). It advises to consider any true-up clause that may apply for LTSA early termination option and to calculate between the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) LTSA and non-OEM alternatives....
- All the way back home. // MWP;May2012, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p78
The article offers information on a research conducted by the organisers of the Subcon exhibition, an event for subcontract and contract manufacturing in Great Britain, on the prospects of growth in the manufacturing sector. The research reveals that more subcontract and contract work is coming...