United We Stand----Divided We May Fall
- IPC Releases PCB Industry Results for October 09. // CircuiTree;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the release of the findings of the Institute of Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits (IPC) regarding the financial performance of the printed circuit board (PCB) industry in North America for October 2009.
- On the road(map): Interconnects face the future. Maliniak, David // Electronic Design;10/13/95, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p77
Reports that the Institute for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits (IPC) has issued a 1995 version of its National Technology Roadmap for Electronic Interconnects. Comprehensive look at the state of technology today; Assessment of what the industry must accomplish to meet OEM needs...
- Controlling warpage in advanced packaging. Garrou, Phil // Solid State Technology;Sep2014, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p12
In this article, the author focuses on how to control the problem of warpage encountered in all areas of advanced packaging. It states that warpage can be controlled with a thicker substrate, but this increases the package thickness. It further mentions that reduction in the density of plating...
- CSP and Flip Chip Assembly Using Tacky Flux. Nikeschina, Marina; Emmen, Hans // Circuits Assembly;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p40
Investigates the relationship between placement accuracy and formation of solder joints. Effects of component pitch and board layout on the placement accuracy of chip-scale packages; Methods used for high-volume electronics circuits manufacturing; Placement limitations for copper-defined...
- Proposal describes flip-chip implementations. D.M. // Electronic Design;3/20/95, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the proposal being developed by the Institute for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits (IPC) describing the implementation of flip-chip and related chip-scale semiconductor-packaging technologies. Discussion of design considerations, assembly processes, technology...
- Packaging & Interconnects. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p66
Introduces a variety of packaging and interconnect products in the U.S as of October 2003. Features of the UL Recognized Terminal Blocks developed by Tusonix Inc.; Multi-purpose large Type 1 free-standing enclosure manufactured by Hoffman; Usability of the SFP FJ-45 1000Base-T transreceiver...
- APiA Adds FeinFocus and Shipley to Expanding Industry Membership. // Advanced Packaging;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the expansion in the membership of the Advanced Packaging & Interconnect Alliance, an alliance of equipment suppliers and process developers serving the advanced packaging and interconnect industries. Addition of Shipley Co. LLC and FeinFocus as members; Goals of the expansions.
- Internet rolodex. Sciannamea, Mike; Schiff, Debra // Electronic Design;11/03/97, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p80K
States that engineers and designers can use the Institute for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits' (IPC) search tool, the Product and Service Locator Matrix (PSLM). How they can use the tool; Options offered by IPC; Background information on IPC.
- Packers in D.C. // Electronic News (10616624);6/24/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2122, p4
Reports that the Institute for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits's lobbying effort in Washington, D.C. during the third week of June 1996.